What's new

Is Mexico Safe?

Were flying in.

Will look to renting a bike there for a day and make the trek to Tequila in Jalisco

1674260233739.png

1674260331700.png

I know a handful of really good rides in that area, but most would have to be multi day loops.
From the coast to Tequila is doable as an out and back, but difficult to do if any sampling is involved.
I would recommend going up through Mascota then cutting over to Tequila. Coming back to the coast just ride the couta.
On my way south in November I spent a night in Tequila and man was it jammed up with folks having a good time

Stormdog Do you have a DS track route from the coast to Tequila ? I have no idea what is paved vs fast gravels

I'll take the Garmin 66ST with me for the route

looks to be 6 hours one way

1674313408074.png

Last edited:
With just a quick glance, that route should be paved. once you get away from the PV traffic, most of it is fun twisty stuff.
unfortunatly time is your enemy, but it would be a shame to ride past San Sebastián without stopping.
way better if you can do it as an overnighter.

My brother-in-law and about five of his fellow deputies went down there on a fishing trip. Not wanting to break the law, they were not carrying. A group of guys robbed them. I would guess going back to the office on Monday made that a tough story to tell.

Just wanted to share a few great resources...
  • Amigomoto - Marco is the IBA president for Latin America, builds sidecars, does tours, rents out rooms, and is extremely helpful. Great guy along with his partner Elena. If you're in or passing through Aguascalientes, give them a shout.
  • Go Experience Mexico - Phenomenal, well organized map that has hundreds of great POIs. Made by a fellow rider. FB page here.
  • Wikiloc - This site hosts a bunch of GPS tracks by activity, including offroading, dual sporting, and paved motorcycle riding and is really popular here in Mexico. They're mostly just track history, so they're not well-curated routes. By that I mean that you can sometimes see where they are going but then stop and turn around, see random detours to restaurants, things like that. Overall they're pretty reliable and the ones I've been on have been fantastic.

We've been using Go Experience Mexico to find destinations to ride to and Wikiloc to get the routes between them. The two work really well together.

Just wanted to share a few great resources...
  • Amigomoto - Marco is the IBA president for Latin America, builds sidecars, does tours, rents out rooms, and is extremely helpful. Great guy along with his partner Elena. If you're in or passing through Aguascalientes, give them a shout.
  • Go Experience Mexico - Phenomenal, well organized map that has hundreds of great POIs. Made by a fellow rider. FB page here.
  • Wikiloc - This site hosts a bunch of GPS tracks by activity, including offroading, dual sporting, and paved motorcycle riding and is really popular here in Mexico. They're mostly just track history, so they're not well-curated routes. By that I mean that you can sometimes see where they are going but then stop and turn around, see random detours to restaurants, things like that. Overall they're pretty reliable and the ones I've been on have been fantastic.

We've been using Go Experience Mexico to find destinations to ride to and Wikiloc to get the routes between them. The two work really well together.
great info, thanks.

When was the last time you were in MX on a bike ?

In Querétaro now...it's been a bit soggy but awesome.

PXL_20231129_212735006.jpg

Let me also recommend Yamaha Moto Race in Aguascalientes. Every time you walk in the first thing they ask is, "agua o cerveza?"

PXL_20231102_194006540.MP.jpg
That’s an awesome adventure! 👍

Reactions: MVI
Top Bottom Back Refresh