What's new

Is Nothing Sacred Anymore?

This madness started with True Grit and it's gone down hill ever since.
I've heard it said that there are only 150 stories so, if that's true" then I guess we've seen'em all.

Simple, Hollywood is filled with narcissistic hacks devoid of talent or originality, filled with American colleges finest liberal arts majors whos actual knowledge, or depth of thought is on par with a bowl of pudding. In most instances the bowl of pudding has the edge.
Don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel !

😁😁😁

Wife and I stopped watching TV many years ago. The last time I turned it on was when the news of covid just hit and I was trying to understand what everyone was talking about. Prior to that, it hadn't been turned on in a long time. 10+ yrs since any satellite service. Only thing hooked to the TV is a cheap dvd player from Walmart that we use from time to time is we want to watch a movie. It's been really nice. Read a book and listen to some music instead.

So, I'm out of the loop, but I hear things about ... like, the 5th Spiderman movie or the 8th sequel to Fast and the Furious and wonder why that exists. And prequels. " We're going to reimagine Luke Skywalker's childhood to see what trauma formed him in to the person he is now and when he discovered that he was gay."

....whut?

There's nothing worth watching in the mainstream anymore, it seems. Reruns of prequels to movies that were innovative when they came out decades ago.

Simple, Hollywood is filled with narcissistic hacks devoid of talent or originality, filled with American colleges finest liberal arts majors whos actual knowledge, or depth of thought is on par with a bowl of pudding. In most instances the bowl of pudding has the edge.
Sums it up quite nicely! 👍

This madness started with True Grit and it's gone down hill ever since.
I've heard it said that there are only 150 stories so, if that's true" then I guess we've seen'em all.
How dare you, sir?? The True Grit remake beat the pants off the original. On par with how much better the 1990s Cape Fear was compared to the 40s one, or Scarface, or maybe The Departed.

Apparently TMNT was recently butchered too.

How dare you, sir?? The True Grit remake beat the pants off the original. On par with how much better the 1990s Cape Fear was compared to the 40s one, or Scarface, or maybe The Departed.
Agree, that remake was good.

Robert Mitchum, in the original Cape Fear, FTW! Though he did have a minor role in the remake. Just like his performance in The Night of the Hunter, superlative and unsurpassed.

The Italian job original 1969 a great film a interesting quirkey comedey storyline, with interesting charecters , and real Minis.
They remade it in the 2000s instantly forgetable storyline no known charecters i remember devoid or whit humour , and the major crime the use of the fat retro BMW Mini which is everything but Mini .
If there was ever a Template for distroying a true classc film the remakeof the italian job is it.

You know how someone with almost no knowledge of motorcycles tries to impress you, an experienced and very knowledgeable rider, with their "knowledge" of motorcycles? Being someone with actual first-hand knowledge of the movie/TV biz, I gotta say, that's how you sound with a post like that.

Wife and I just had a similar discussion on how hardly anything seems new anymore, not only the movies, tv shows too. Magnum PI, Hawaii 5.0 etc...

Where is the quality new programming we had in the 70's?

Last edited:
I suspect there's a strong possibility that we're going to have to agree to disagree, Sir!:turkish

You know how someone with almost no knowledge of motorcycles tries to impress you, an experienced and very knowledgeable rider, with their "knowledge" of motorcycles? Being someone with actual first-hand knowledge of the movie/TV biz, I gotta say, that's how you sound with a post like that.

Use your knowledge to defend the Ghostbusters remake, then. Go!

7dohpo.jpg
:rofl

Back
Top Bottom