What's new

Joined the scooterrazzi

stbne

Scooterrazzi
Member Number
With the very fine help of a good scooter peep on the other forum....I was able to track down and bag a 2002 Honda Silver Wing.. 90k miles but its been well maintained and mechanically is excellent. Cosmetics are good but there are some scratches...
IMG_20220906_103540.jpg
IMG_20220906_103516.jpg
IMG_20220906_103450.jpg
IMG_20220906_103437.jpg
IMG_20220906_103422.jpg

That's a nice bike, why the antique plate?
Bike came from VA..I had that plate from another VA bike I bought 2 yrs ago..Just put that on to get it home from the seller..as it was ridden 220 miles home from the sellers location....My good friend decided it would be much less expensive than trailering it with a gas guzzler truck that he has...plus it was not a certanty that i would buy it...so dragging a trailer along didnt make much sense...plus riding it 220 miles in 4 hours through S.VA was epic in itself...

Last edited:
90K miles? Wow!
Congrats!
As we all know it isnt always just mileage..its maintenence and how well the bike was taken care of..In my case this scooter was excellent condition mechanically with very good documentsion to back it up...Most folks balk at high mileage bikes..me included...This it was up forsale for 6 weeks before the seller lowered the price.I was within a couple hundred dollars of his asking price so i jumped on it...So I was able to get it for $1600! At a time when everything else is 2 to 3 times as expensive..this was my opportunity to get a scooter at an entry level price..My scooter buddy who has the same scooter rode it home for me while i drove his car back...He told me it rode better than his SWing that has 22k miles on it...and was quite impressed with it..90k miles...I did get lucky...With my friend's expertise and advice i felt comfortable buying it..Without such expertise..i would have balked at a purchase...:clap

Last edited:
Ha I've stayed away from maxi scooters because I bet I'll be hooked. I think of smaller scooters as hooligan machines and limit my time on those too. Enjoy the Silverwing!
You're probubly right and "campus crawlers" scare the @#$#@ out of me & I won't ride them.

You're probubly right and "campus crawlers" scare the @#$#@ out of me & I won't ride them.
Wife has a clone of a honda elite s 50. The scooter has a gy6 150cc with low gearing. I wont ride it because I can wheely it so easily. I had a 2 stroke cpi xpeed 50cc that was one heck of a wheely machine. Handled great and could catch air. Certain models are little stunt bikes.

Top Bottom Back Refresh