What's new

Just wanna ride...

Sounds identical to my experience as a lad in Texas, only in Lubbock. Not a clapped out Honda but a sketchy Yamaha 80,keeping with the graduated license approach in force at the time. Graduated to a Hodaka, 100 or 110cc to run amok.
Neighbor had a CB 350, was an aspirational machine once we got our “real “ licenses. Then came the 750 4, a vision on a far horizon….
David

I had a Triumph Bonneville the first time I came upon a Honda 750/4. It looked like a wide beast to me... when the light turned green, all I saw was his tail lights.

The one time I threw a leg over a 750 I had a CB 450, and immediately knew it was more bike than I was ready for at the time. About 1971-72 time frame. Not two years later I’m on a 550/4. Go figure.
David

The one time I threw a leg over a 750 I had a CB 450, and immediately knew it was more bike than I was ready for at the time. About 1971-72 time frame. Not two years later I’m on a 550/4. Go figure.
David

A buddy of mine just dropped of his CB750 Nighthawk for some long overdue work... I really like the bike :) going to get new sprockets and chain, and going to have a look into the rear brake while all that stuff is apart.

Jim, curious whether you got the Corbin backrest?
For me, that is a game-changer on long rides.

Jim, curious whether you got the Corbin backrest?
For me, that is a game-changer on long rides.

I did not get the backrest for this Corbin. I do have one for the Corbin on my CTX... but I can't toss a leg over it on that bike. I did put the backrest from the other seat on this one - works fine, just isn't a cosmetic match. Easy enough to put on or take off.

09Scoots.jpg

The Corbin on my B200 is "carbon fiber leather" (actually a nylon texture fused to the leather) - it is a bit grippier than the smooth leather Corbin on my CTX.

I had the backrest off for a couple days, then put it back on when I got home from a ride today - my wife said, "The seat doesn't look so wide with the backrest on it." :evil Still looks plenty wide to me.

Top Bottom Back Refresh