What's new

K24. FIT and all that JAZZ.

matty

Border raider.
Member Number
My youngest Lad is All small Jap cars and his old 2003 Toyota yaris 5 door hatchback is no slouch and with his mods its a handler too.
But Jake his mate has gone OTT in his mental build and tonight i actually got to drive his creation.
I Have heard about this car for 6 months or more A Black 2006 Honda JAZZ( a FIT to you USAers) . Jake and his father have fitted a K24 Honda engine into the Jazz.
Not sure of all the details or specs exactly but tonight in conversation with him in the yard he seemed quite proud to offer me the keys.
and unsure what was in store for me i ventured out in this little car.
I expected a lot less i was expecting it to be a real handful but it surprised me how good a swap such a a relatively powerful large torquey engine was in such a small car.
I gave it the beans and that honda engine screamed for a 2.4 litre engine and it cornered like a much bigger car very competent at speed i felt.
Its built to be a daily driver but Track day and club level sprint car and all i can say is it FITs the bill Beautifully (Excuse the pun).
Found a video that sort of outlines a car similar to jakes Jazz but the video poster seems to view the Jazz chassis less than i would rate jakes car myself.
Anyway here is a car more or less the same as i am describing here. And i will admit i am an old bloke but i kind of want one. Sort of now and quite badly.:lol2 .. Awesome YOMV.

Hot hatches are pretty cool! Keep your eye out for the new Toyota GR that is coming soon also. Honda Civic Type R, Ford ST's, etc. are all cool.
I like the sub $30K price on alot of them, my only complaint is they all require premium fuel (as far as i know).

If your looking for not as new, a friend and i like to watch the auctions on Bring A Trailer site also - the prices are kind of crazy -
1995 Civic sold for $27K, 2000 Civic SI sold for $36K, 2003 Civic sold for $25K.

Jakes engine is from a 2007 Accord just under 200BHP stock. In the small JAZZ/ FIT. it actually is enough power in the small car for road/ occasional trackday use, and its reliable. springs and dampers and with the good chassis its a good handling project car.

That’s awesome! Hondas and Subarus are like LEGOs. You can make all kinds of neat combinations.

We just got my kid a Fiesta ST. He’s hoping to come out to a track day with me this year.

No first hand experience myself but Jake told my son the K24 swap was not that complex his father i know off from years ago he used to swap fords about back in the day and remember he put together a 2 litre pinto powered capri mk1 that had twin dellorto side drafts fitted and a lumpy cam remember it was hot for its time late 70s. So the honda swap for his lad i imagine was him reliving his youth a little. Jazz would be a bit quicker than the old capri though. :lol2

My only involvement with honda integras was a forst gen i think it was 1991 ish was white and 1500/ 1600cc. it was a high miler owned by a waterfowling mate who moved to aus in early 2000s. was around 1996ish the head gasket had blown down to a stat failing shut. No manual and torque figures the parts lad at the Honda dealer gave me when i bought the gasket. One lasting memory of that repair all those years ago was just how simple to work on and straightforward that car was.
Only honda car i ever owned myself was a 1975 civic 1200cc hondamatic i got in the early 2000s for peanuts it was genuine 24K miles perfect mechanicaly but had rotten front wings. I spent several weeks of nights after work welding and brazing the crisp wings up and i painted the wings, MOTd the car and sold it in the spring the following year for £500. good for then it would probably fetch 5 times that today.

Yeah, the Japanese seem to put a little more thought into the fact that people are going to have to work on the cars at some point.

Yeah, the Japanese seem to put a little more thought into the fact that people are going to have to work on the cars at some point.
True the japs are user friendly to repair generally. I tend to run nissan trucks but have had some toyotas and worked on a lot over the years. the old 2l &2LT 9Turbo) 2.2/ 2.4 diesels were tough yet not super powerful But long term they could serve their owners well. I like by example take the alternators on these mostly when they stopped charging it was the brushes warn down it is a bit of ac faff reaching down and swapping them out for new but it becomes very easy after a few times and with new brushes they are off again charging great for another 150/ 180K miles. Fantastic simple and dependable and prissily why they have such a following.

Just heard the News not ten mins ago. Jake just rolled the Jazz On the A19 near yarm , he had to swerve to miss a van overtaking dangerously and was airborne off the verge up the hedgerow and ended up on the roof in a field of sheep.
He and his girlfriend are fine but the car is bad . Farmer has pulled it on to its wheels and its rolling, they are aparently waiting for the RAC to Recover the car to bring it home and they are off to middlesbourgh hospital to be checked out, the emergency responder paramedics say they are ok but want them to get checked out just to be sure.
And guess what the van never even stopped or even slowed down. An Old couple following a hundred yards behind saw it all and they are prepared to give statements to support Jake was not at fault of driving recklessly.
Jake has minor cuts to his face (Glass shards) And Girlfriend is according to what Jake told my son " She is a bit weapy but ok" :lol2
OH well best find another car build the K24 into that, and they just got engaged to be married last month due to happen in October.
They are Ok its the main thing, could have been a lot vworse. .

My youngest Lad is All small Jap cars and his old 2003 Toyota yaris 5 door hatchback is no slouch and with his mods its a handler too.
But Jake his mate has gone OTT in his mental build and tonight i actually got to drive his creation.
I Have heard about this car for 6 months or more A Black 2006 Honda JAZZ( a FIT to you USAers) . Jake and his father have fitted a K24 Honda engine into the Jazz.
Not sure of all the details or specs exactly but tonight in conversation with him in the yard he seemed quite proud to offer me the keys.
and unsure what was in store for me i ventured out in this little car.
I expected a lot less i was expecting it to be a real handful but it surprised me how good a swap such a a relatively powerful large torquey engine was in such a small car.
I gave it the beans and that honda engine screamed for a 2.4 litre engine and it cornered like a much bigger car very competent at speed i felt.
Its built to be a daily driver but Track day and club level sprint car and all i can say is it FITs the bill Beautifully (Excuse the pun).
Found a video that sort of outlines a car similar to jakes Jazz but the video poster seems to view the Jazz chassis less than i would rate jakes car myself.
Anyway here is a car more or less the same as i am describing here. And i will admit i am an old bloke but i kind of want one. Sort of now and quite badly.:lol2 .. Awesome YOMV.

Very nice! I'm too cheap, but i'd seriously love to have a GR Corolla.

Glad to hear they're okay!

Back in 2011, when gas prices and a 50+ mile daily commute were kicking my butt in a Sierra 4x4, I went commuter shopping. Settled on a 2011 Scion xD Release Series w/5 speed (basically a Yaris on steroids). I hadn't had so much fun driving since my modified Toyota SR5 back in '75. All I had time to do was swap the steel wheels for 17" TC alloys before an unexpected early retirement offer changed my plans, but no doubt, there would have been more mods. Man, I miss driving that little pocket rocket.

Top Bottom Back Refresh