What's new

Kawasaki Eliminator 450

this style of bike should not have its exhaust pipes from the same parts bin as other 400's. cannot get past it myself. i know people put their own on but you should not have to. you first have to sell the bike but this looks like shit IMO. i mean the pipes, not the muffler.

It's coming soon

kawasaki-to-launch-16-new-models-in-june-2023.jpg

Somehow this bike is on my potential future bike list. Needs a bench seat like many other cruisers. I hope kawi does a scrambler version with better ergos and a smaller muffler. Twin shocks are fine and the odd ujm cruiser wheel combo. I guess in a few weeks we find out. Now a ujm based on the 4 cyl engine would be very tempting. Especially with decent suspension. I also wonder if kawi will compete with the xr150l.

I am beginning to think there might be a global trend for another cruiser run. I would have never guessed...I thought the style was fading out. Many eliminator videos show the bike being romped around a racetrack. Very confusing times.

Maybe kawi just reinvented the sportster?

I don't say this as bashing, but I think the recent hipster cafe/brat/bobber trend made a lot of younger guys interested in bikes. Comfy, usable and stylish bikes vs wrist killer super sports. Young people ain't spending Harley money on big twin bikes, and Harley won't give em nothing small and cheap to buy.

No surprise if the UJM and cruisers are making a huge comeback. They're the bikes that most riders seem to enjoy the most.

Somehow this bike is on my potential future bike list. Needs a bench seat like many other cruisers. I hope kawi does a scrambler version with better ergos and a smaller muffler. Twin shocks are fine and the odd ujm cruiser wheel combo. I guess in a few weeks we find out. Now a ujm based on the 4 cyl engine would be very tempting. Especially with decent suspension. I also wonder if kawi will compete with the xr150l.

I am beginning to think there might be a global trend for another cruiser run. I would have never guessed...I thought the style was fading out. Many eliminator videos show the bike being romped around a racetrack. Very confusing times.

Maybe kawi just reinvented the sportster?

Had a chance to watch this just now. Yeah, that muffler is a problem.

Had a chance to watch this just now. Yeah, that muffler is a problem.
The reviews all come from hammering on a race track. This isnt a track bike. The exhaust looked close to ground contact a few times.

It's not a track bike, but other than the muffler being too low I don't see why it couldn't be fun on a track.

Looks like the test rides on the track were part of the fun. Wheelies too! Great cruiser marketing.

Just announced today. And it's a 451 cc twin. Too bad about the wheel combo: 18"/16".

16ebefe6-e59e-4014-ac23-3b4c81ef31b0.png

Cameras? Typo?

Yeah, 18/16 wheels are funky. Kawasaki knows that as well as we do.

Cameras? Typo?

Yeah, 18/16 wheels are funky. Kawasaki knows that as well as we do.
Yup foward and rear. Kawi just smacked it down. The cameras are for rider use..analyze or upload to media platforms. Or I imagine a family's lawyer after their loved one is hurt or killed by another vehicle.

I already have tires picked out. A rear 241 for the front and the Duro for the rear 16. Might need fender spacers. But other front or rear is available for the front without mods. Add a taller seat.

Had no idea cameras on bikes were a thing. Learn something every day!

Top Bottom Back Refresh