What's new

Kawasaki KLR 650 thread

Velofish

Member Number
Can't have a thumper forum without the mighty KLR.
Pictures, tips, bitches, milk crates, etc.
I bought mine from a friend. Great back road explorer.

KLR among the hills.jpg

Can't have a thumper forum without the mighty KLR.
Pictures, tips, bitches, milk crates, etc.
I bought mine from a friend. Great back road explorer.

KLR among the hills.jpg
I have a few pics but low interest. I have tried to recruit ocl for the video content. No dice..but I would be happy to link the channel.

I bought a new KLR back in 05 and kept it for 14 years. I had a lot of great rides on it and was glad I bought but I eventually decided I wanted something lighter and more modern.

wknudsen_OLD_20PICS_20AND_20SCANS_MOAB12_zpsaszofuvy.jpg

I had a chance to ride a new KLR at a demo ride event a few months ago. I was not impressed.

PB180021.JPG

I bought a new KLR back in 05 and kept it for 14 years. I had a lot of great rides on it and was glad I bought but I eventually decided I wanted something lighter and more modern.

I can definitely understand that. Great bikes but not exciting. I'm not the world's greatest off-road rider so I like to keep it to pavement and gravel.

My dual sports are xt225, drzsm, rxv550, tw200 and the 2022 gen3. Not one can follow a coleman into the swamp. Or climb a pile of wood chips. Around here a $500 minibike shuts down everything. The xt and tw are close!

Ok..2 threads? I have thought about trading mine for the s model or modding the s model into an enduro style bike.

Bugger. I'm sorry, I didn't see that there was another thread when I did a search.

All of 25 miles on it so far. Lol. I think I'm going to like it pretty well once I get the wind buffeting sorted out.

I did as well, and it does help. I should have some adjustable windshield risers soon to try out.

IMG_20230317_131035421.jpg

I sat on one of the S models in february. It was like finding an old friend. I had a 2007 that I beat for 3 years and over 40k miles so I decided to give the 2023 a try.
It has most the farkles I require, now if the weather co-operates I can get some miles on it. I call it Willie as it is my 24th bike.

IMG_20230317_131035421.jpg

I sat on one of the S models in february. It was like finding an old friend. I had a 2007 that I beat for 3 years and over 40k miles so I decided to give the 2023 a try.
It has most the farkles I require, now if the weather co-operates I can get some miles on it. I call it Willie as it is my 24th bike.
Nice I need get my klr out more.

Back
Top Bottom