What's new

Kawasaki KLX250 / KLX300 Thread

I re-joined the thumper crowd today by buying a lightly used 2021 KLX300 with 1305 miles showing. It came with a small rear rack and a set of Bark Busters installed by the previous owner. It will complement my Super Tenere and 1250 GS to be my main back road exploring motorcycle.
6AA02E6C-C85E-4C0D-9740-86614BF86276.jpeg
Congrats! We’re twins :imaposer

TAP.png

Last edited:
I re-joined the thumper crowd today by buying a lightly used 2021 KLX300 with 1305 miles showing. It came with a small rear rack and a set of Bark Busters installed by the previous owner. It will complement my Super Tenere and 1250 GS to be my main back road exploring motorcycle.
6AA02E6C-C85E-4C0D-9740-86614BF86276.jpeg
Nice find !

Have you checked the valve clearance and if so, what did you find?
I have not. I keep saying I’m going to get to it soon. I’m actually going to get to it soon though. lol. I have the parts list and am going to order them. I’ll report back with the results when I do.

Okay, no more putting it off, I just ordered the gaskets required. If I need shims I’ll put it back together with the original gaskets and hope for no leaks until I get the required shims. If I don’t need shims I’ll put it back together with the new seals.

Okay, no more putting it off, I just ordered the gaskets required. If I need shims I’ll put it back together with the original gaskets and hope for no leaks until I get the required shims. If I don’t need shims I’ll put it back together with the new seals.
I had good intentions but I still haven't done it yet... Any free time I get I want to ride it not work on it. :nono

15000.jpg

I’ve come full circle…. I just got some D605 tires for my bike. I haven’t had the time this year to go up north very much so I’m doing much more pavement riding. I don’t want to chew up my knobbies anymore so they’ll still be relatively fresh for when I do get up north.
IMG_0742.jpeg

I made a PDF copy of the 2024 300 service manual… :thumb

I’ve come full circle…. I just got some D605 tires for my bike. I haven’t had the time this year to go up north very much so I’m doing much more pavement riding. I don’t want to chew up my knobbies anymore so they’ll still be relatively fresh for when I do get up north.
IMG_0742.jpeg
I'm still running 605's on my KLX since I ride a lot of super twisty paved roads and the 605s let me ride those roads like I'm on a sportbike:ricky:ricky:ricky. They work OK off the pavement as well.

I'm still running 605's on my KLX since I ride a lot of super twisty paved roads and the 605s let me ride those roads like I'm on a sportbike:ricky:ricky:ricky. They work OK off the pavement as well.
Yeah, I like the 605’s too. I forgot how much smoother they are on pavement. Obviously better grip too.

Back
Top Bottom