What's new

Kawasaki Versys-X 300

SandRdr

Lost
Member Number
What a great bike:super
0722211322a_HDR_resize_23.jpg

Planning some trips this summer, how about you?

53B0B180-9C11-4D1B-9F18-497808829C82.jpeg
A7B9394C-ABA6-4F40-B823-F2C7CE073BC0.jpeg

I got an Amazon el cheapo oiler. I used a little scrap of copper tube to locate oil delivery.

The skid plate I bought was crap and mounted to the aluminum engine. Ordering a T-Rex heavy duty instead.

53B0B180-9C11-4D1B-9F18-497808829C82.jpeg
A7B9394C-ABA6-4F40-B823-F2C7CE073BC0.jpeg

I got an Amazon el cheapo oiler. I used a little scrap of copper tube to locate oil delivery.

The skid plate I bought was crap and mounted to the aluminum engine. Ordering a T-Rex heavy duty instead.
Is the oiler a gravity feed or ? How does it control flow? Thanks

Glad to see we've got a V300 thread already going,

happy to contribute.

IMG_9365-XL.jpg

This was from an overnight trip out to Joshua Tree NP then on to the Anza Borrego SP.

Set of SHAD side bags are enroute.

Just put on a Seat Concepts, but no report yet, only about 40 miles on it.

Initial feeling is that it feels like all my other SC's, much improved over stock.

Everyday my interest in this bike is increased....I need to take a look at the specs for this and also reviews...From what I have read from those that have one..is that its a great bike...Can it keep up on the freeway?

I was at a rally in Tellico Plains, TN a few weeks ago. There was a guy who rode down from Michigan with his camping gear. That is over a 600 mile ride but he did say he took back roads, not the interstate.

I asked why he was riding such a puny bike and his answer was:

P4210013 (2).JPG

:lol3:lol3:lol3

One of the main issue IMO of this bike is that it uses tubeless tires. It's nice to be able to just carry a simple plug kit and pump versus all the tools and spare tubes required to fix a flat. Of course for those planning on doing serious off road the spoked wheels would be a plus.

I was at a rally in Tellico Plains, TN a few weeks ago. There was a guy who rode down from Michigan with his camping gear. That is over a 600 mile ride but he did say he took back roads, not the interstate.

P4210013 (2).JPG

Everyday my interest in this bike is increased....I need to take a look at the specs for this and also reviews...From what I have read from those that have one..is that its a great bike...Can it keep up on the freeway?

I like em but @$6000 sticker price...its out of my budget...
Don’t know if you are still looking, but it is definitely better than the spec sheet. Have to rev for speed, some people don’t like that. Buzzs up to and cruises all day at 80+ pretty easy, tops over 93, or idles at 4mph off-road. Perfect ergos, but seat itself sucks, plenty to choose from. Front suspension is the off-road limiting factor. The CB5X is probably more relaxed on pavement, but it’s sport bike ergos don’t go off-road. True value for $/mpg/xway speed UJM comfort.

P4210013 (2).JPG

Hey, I resemble that remark! That was a fun ride and rally. You just gotta wind ‘er up.

0C1D500C-D002-4EBF-BDC0-DA4390CDB0BE.jpeg

I guess this is mine now. Technically it’s been my oldest daughter’s, with each of us making half the payments. I’ve been riding it way more than she’s been able to since she’s in the military and been in training. She just got orders to Alaska and says she has no desire to take the bike up there where it can’t be ridden most of the time and where she won’t have a place to properly store it. So she’s relinquished it fully to me. Which is perfectly fine with me as I love this little bike. So now I plan to farkle it to my specific needs. I will mostly be using it as a daily commuter. For fun, I don’t really ride on the street, not even dirt roads. I’m a weekend trail rider with a CRF250RX for that duty. But I may do a few mods to make this thing a bit more dirt/ADV capable. I’ve recently put a Shinko 705 on the back and have a Shinko 804 to throw up front. I wonder if that combination will work or whether I need to buy a new tire.

Back
Top Bottom