What's new

Killboy Dragon failure thread

I like going to deal's gap. It's like going to the circus.
If I want to make myself feel better, I venture to any given Walmart Supercenter on the first Friday of every month. Every first super early Saturday morning if I'm feeling extra saucy. Gotta love the meth heads and other interdimensional types you see on the first early morning Saturday in those 24/7 Malwart Supercenters!

When I took a truck along that route, the self-important HD riders took extreme offense to my presence. The ass hattery I saw was coming from them and the sport bike crowd.

Max Wrist seems to influence a ton of people into thinking they're a Street Rossi or something. MW isn't all that impressive either. If I ever make it to Deal's Gap on my bike or a rental one, it'll definitely be on a weekday and I'll take my damn time. I plan on surviving my 2 wheel experience through it. Last thing I want is somebody filming an embarrassing incident.

Something doesn't make sense about the channel. The original maxwrist videos were in Europe with a rider on an under powered bike. This rider had 100x the skill of the imposter.

I don't think of the gap as a sport bike rd. Better suited for skilled riders on scooters, dualsports and sumos

Look carefully and you can see he was downshifting too late before one of the corners before this accident. That road can be ridden in second gear for the most part depending on gearing. No need to gun it like these tools are riding.. Glad the rider survived but it could have been worse for him.

The chaos is one reason I have never been. When I bought my 1st sumo in 2005 I was tempted to ride Ceasar's Head against sport bikes for pinks and cash. But responsibilities to fellow riders outweighed my apex glory of a setting up a fellow rider for bad apex lines....these are not race tracks but scenic roads shared by all. The bad part was downhill...I thought I could eat most riders on a 50cc 2 stroke scooter or an over geared tomos moped with sava tires and mild porting. Glory VS responsibilities as an ambassador to the 2 wheel community keeps a few of us at a slower pace VS jumping the whole dang apex on a hairpin decent to romp on someone enjoying bikes. Bad karmuzuki!..for sure!!

The Saluda grade was my road. 3rrd gear on an old Zook would rip the accent like a giant sailing ship rocking big rollers on Cape Horn. Just aim straight! The last decent was one lane with pea gravel and pot holes everywhere..had the time of my life on a sumo. I had to exit I26 with a melting rear tire at 58°...dam inconsistent interstate travel...on a descent!

Top Bottom Back Refresh