What's new

Killboy Dragon failure thread

Neither! It's a 916.... with carbon fiber bodywork painted yellow in most places.
I still have it, but my knees ache to ride on it very much. I stupidly made some rearsets for it that moved the stock peg position up and back and inch - that didn't help. Plus, I'm 6'1" tall and weigh a svelte, waifish 245 lbs.... that doesn't help much either!
I had my 748 on the gap a couple times, but I lived in Florida then. The very first time I rode the 748 was on 9 between Black Mountain and Lake Lure, but that was before 2 knee replacements.
6'2" myself.

My big ass on a small bike ...
turn.jpg
My small ass on a big bike ...
1645709606967.png

Never gotten to ride the Dragon, but I've sure seen some horror stories and pics. Never been sure why people overcook it, you gotta know your limits.

Reactions: MVI
It's a beautiful piece of road, but too many people to suit my taste. I did once find a beautiful piece of road in Georgia, not hardly a soul on it. Those are my kind of places.

Timing is everything.

Try a holiday. Did 129 last year on Good Friday.
That was heaven. Planning the same this year.

[UWSL]If you want some peace 209. Nobody will be there to take your picture. It will be quiet enough to have mad fun. [/UWSL]

85976B1B-DF56-44ED-9205-2468A2444796.jpeg

My first time thru was in a car by accident. Why wife and I were out driving around the mountains and saw on the map as a way back to Tennessee. Well.... by the time we got thru I was cussing the bikes (first time in my life) with so may in my lane. My wife couldn't believe I was cussing motorcycles. It was about twenty years age. I did remember a story in the AMA magazine about it by the time we got to the lake and said "That must have been the road I read about in my AMA book". First time on a bike was 08 on my 500 ninja.

Top Bottom Back Refresh