What's new

Killboy Dragon failure thread

Old photo of Scary Jerry aka Trash Can in my sidecar as we were going to rescue Brad who went off the Dragon.

14539025736_00871c4219_c.jpg

Some old pics. The fail is that some of the people in these pics are no longer with us today.:(

Scary Jerry and his Ninja.

DSC02554-X2.jpg

WB second from the right.

PA010004-X2.jpg
You forgot to mention Scary Jerry (RIP) at his spot on the Liar's Bench. LOL

Where are the police?

truck.jpg
Same place they always are when you see someone doing something incredibly stupid or dangerous, they're looking at easy targets elsewhere.

I can't believe there are still moron truckers who think they can get through there successfully. There are enough videos out there as proof it's a stupid thing to try.

Reactions: MVI
Plus there are plenty of signs on both approaches to the Dragon warning that no semis are allowed.

One truck and two Harleys
steve_wreck.jpg

bloodsign.jpg

Plus there are plenty of signs on both approaches to the Dragon warning that no semis are allowed.

One truck and two Harleys
steve_wreck.jpg

bloodsign.jpg

I've seen all the semi fail photos, thus I took it extra slow last summer.
Plus was the first time back on a bike after the new Ti leg was installed.
Last thing I wanted to do was come into curve too fast with a truck in the bend

I remember "back in the day" when it was not illegal for trucks to drive through the dragon. The fact is that a competent truck driver can easily make it through without getting stuck and they did most of the time. Every so often an inexperienced driver would crash or get stuck.

However using both lanes is required so there is no getting around the fact that it is dangerous for other traffic on the road. Often riders would ride ahead of trucks and warn oncoming traffic back in the day.

It is a long way to re route so some just ignore the signs.

I remember long ago before the road was closed to trucks there was a landslide that closed I-40 and a shitload of traffic re routed through Deal's Gap. That was a real mess.
It is faster to run a red light too, but that is just as stupid. No excuse for a "professional" trucker to put people in danger like that. They should lose their license for a year at least!

Same place they always are when you see someone doing something incredibly stupid or dangerous, they're looking at easy targets elsewhere.

I can't believe there are still moron truckers who think they can get through there successfully. There are enough videos out there as proof it's a stupid thing to try.
To be fair, I did it once when it wasn't a banned highway to commercial vehicles. I managed to get through just fine. Mirrors work wonders when they're being used.

To be fair, I did it once when it wasn't a banned highway to commercial vehicles. I managed to get through just fine. Mirrors work wonders when they're being used.
It always helps to actually know what you're doing when something is attempted. :thumbup

Top Bottom Back Refresh