What's new
  • If you don't frequent the chat forum, make sure you read this post regarding land usage. It would be great if we could get everybody to send a comment in before Oct 7th!

KTM 390 Adventure Thread

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Member Number
Doesn't look like there's a 390 Adventure thread yet, so let's get one started!

I owned one for nine days. Then my wife rode it, said she'll take it, and I haven't seen it since. :(

IMG_8981.jpg

JustAnotherSquid

Member Number
I'm a big fan of Givi's Tanklock system, and have mounted it with great success on our F800GT and G650GS. But I wanted to post a small warning for anyone considering mounting it on their 390 Adventure.

In order to leave room for the fuel filler, they shifted the mounting plate back and angled it slightly towards the rider. The issue is, that puts it very close to the front of the seat.

IMG_9145.jpg

IMG_9146.jpg

If you mount even a medium-sized tank bag, the back of the bag moves into your seat area, and you will hit it unless you slide all the way back.

IMG_9147.jpg

So I ordered the smallest Tanklock bag they have and it solves that problem, but you really can't go any bigger without moving the bag into the seat area.

IMG_9148.jpg

IMG_9149.jpg

If you're looking at the Tanklock system for your 390 Adventure, be aware that you might be limited to only their smallest tank bags.

JustAnotherSquid

Member Number
adv.jpg

I'd like to add a centerstand to the 390A, and am looking at the T-Rex. Does anyone have any experience with that brand of centerstand? Or any other brand for that matter?

Top Bottom