What's new

KTM 640 Adventure

Mat

Member Number
This is a bike I always wanted to own ever since it first came out. I got a barely used one just before they stopped making them.

It is a great bike with great character, none of that FI crap :wink:

Many of those went around the world and to really strange places, and many still serve as trusty companions for mini adventures in peoples own backyards.

DSC02757s.jpg

DSC02923s.jpg

DSC02848s.jpg

2012-04-29-010s.jpg

There was a wealth of information back on AdvRider, and I profited immensely from everyone's contributions. Now it's an old timer I guess...

I had a chance to buy a 640adv that had been sitting for years. Took a weekend of wrenching to get it on the road, what a great machine! So well balanced, suspension worked beyond expectations, could not adjust to the vibs and sold it a couple weeks later.
A few yrs later I hosted a couple from Germany that were on their 2nd rtw on a pair of 640adv that were approaching 130k kms.

I wonder why ktm stopped making or at least updating the adv?

Reactions: Mat
I had a chance to buy a 640adv that had been sitting for years. Took a weekend of wrenching to get it on the road, what a great machine! So well balanced, suspension worked beyond expectations, could not adjust to the vibs and sold it a couple weeks later.
A few yrs later I hosted a couple from Germany that were on their 2nd rtw on a pair of 640adv that were approaching 130k kms.

I wonder why ktm stopped making or at least updating the adv?
I think my first bike vibrating less than the LC4 will be electric, if mine lives long enough. It still has a ways to go, and as they say, anything can be fixed!

The ole paint shaker! It's a well earned moniker. I picked up another lc4, this time a lc4e. The bike had less than 1k miles on it. It had been in a wreck but damn if it didn't shake just like the adv.:kumbaya

Reactions: Mat
Back
Top Bottom