What's new

KTM Big Bike Tire Thread

What’s the round about mileage you got out of that rear Rallz? When I bought my bike it had one on it that was about 3/4 done so I switched it out. 5-6k ?? 3-4?
The Rallz got me about 7k with some decent abuse. After trying the TKC80, E-07+, and Anakee Wild, the Rallz would be my go-to for performance/longevity.

I`ve had several set of Pirelli STR:s on 1190R and 1290R. Been happy with them and they are also capable to handle the bikes reseves on asphalt too. Now I have Anakees, Wild at front and adventure at rear, don`t like at all. This set up just doesen`t offer that confident feel what Pirellis have. Most disapointment is the Wild at front, not again for me thats sure.

Went with another Mitas e07. I need to do about 5k road and 2500 off-road and I know this will get it done. One of my favorites for 2 bills delivered out the door.

Attachments

• DC6D254D-5051-409F-B219-B7ECA15739B1.jpeg
    DC6D254D-5051-409F-B219-B7ECA15739B1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
random1781 Yes It's the normal E07 not the + or the Dakar. It generally hooks up well in evertyhing until it's down to about 25%, and then it sucks at everything except the pavement just like all of'em! haha

The Dakar, with the yellow stripe, has an extra stiff side wall (one extra sidewall ply) for airing down. I generally don't air down much unless I'm going to be in the sand for a few days, so I get the cheaper of the 2. And it's still a stout tire!! Pee..lenty stiff for a rear. I also like the e09 front Dakar aired down for the dirt. It's Legit!!!

I also run tubes F & R so changing that rear bastard tube in the desert sun can be sweltering cock sucker!

Last edited:
Getting ready to Install my second set of dunlop trailmax mission's, Front getting changed just because, Doesn't need to be. They both have over 10,000 km on it, I have never put that many km on a rear tire, that thing just wouldn't wear out. Still looks ok but is flat on top. This is on a 1290 ktm R that see's 80 % pavement. And driven aggressively. Always been a big fan of the Continental TKC but the Dunlop has been amazing! Just My 2 tire cents!

Attachments

• 20220315_171109.jpg
    20220315_171109.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
RCR001 I always forget about these for some reason. Always wanted to try them. I used the Shinko 70s years ago and they always served me well. I did have a shinko 705 front that was cast wrong and gave a bad wobble but it was still ok until it wore half way down.

I haven’t tried a 804 and I can’t get my favorite Anakee Wild front so hell why not. My current front Anakee is holding up very very well at 8k. I’d say it has a good 40% left in it. If it wasn’t for a big trip coming up I’d leave it on. Damn shame I tell ya.
B4AB7D4A-7FDB-464B-9F4C-87AF9C5DF931.jpeg
ABC6BA26-4FB0-4368-BECE-94862F24DE79.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh that 12/13 combo looks great. I didn’t know they made those. The 12 is a e09? With harder sidewalls or what?? And it only comes in a 140 which is the same as the e09 I had. Different compounds????

I haven't figured all the details out. I have a front E09 Dakar in my garage waiting to go on but I just didn't put many miles on the bike last year. The knobs are relatively small compared to a lot of stuff out there but I'm not looking for a big knob tire as I'm currently running a Motoz Tractionator Adventure on the front.

Last edited:
I haven't figured all the details out. I have an E09 Dakar in my garage waiting to go on but I just didn't put many miles on the bike last year. The knobs are relatively small compared to a lot of stuff out there but I'm not looking for a big knob tire as I'm currently running a Motoz Tractionator Adventure on the front.
The e09 rear is probably my favorite dirt tire. It hooks up very well!! I only got about 2k out of it though. If I’m doing dirt that’s my go to.

I finally had the E09 Dakar front mounted and put about 400 miles on it last weekend, 50 of it on rain packed sand and lava gravel roads. I am really impressed so far it handles really well on the pavement, TKC80 type handling but the sidewall is way better for Eastern Oregon's sharp rocks. I wacked a mostly buried baby head at about 40mph and was expecting a pinch flat but it was fine. I had about 30PSI in it.
Dirt performance was excellent during aggressive riding, high 80s mph on the packed two track, some rocks, gravel, etc. I'm waiting to see how long it lasts after hearing Thirsty's short life expectancy. Another challenge is they are now hard for my local tire guy to source. Is Twisted Throttle the exclusive importer? Any info on availability?
baby head pinch flat.jpg

I have a Motoz dual Venture in the garage to go on next. The Motoz Tractionator Adventure I pulled off had about 3000 miles on it with a ton of life left so my buddy is replacing his well worn TKC80 with it. He did get a baby head pinch flat in the same stretch where I thought I was going to get one.

I finally had the E09 Dakar front mounted and put about 400 miles on it last weekend, 50 of it on rain packed sand and lava gravel roads. I am really impressed so far it handles really well on the pavement, TKC80 type handling but the sidewall is way better for Eastern Oregon's sharp rocks. I wacked a mostly buried baby head at about 40mph and was expecting a pinch flat but it was fine. I had about 30PSI in it.
Dirt performance was excellent during aggressive riding, high 80s mph on the packed two track, some rocks, gravel, etc. I'm waiting to see how long it lasts after hearing Thirsty's short life expectancy. Another challenge is they are now hard for my local tire guy to source. Is Twisted Throttle the exclusive importer? Any info on availability?
baby head pinch flat.jpg

I have a Motoz dual Venture in the garage to go on next. The Motoz Tractionator Adventure I pulled off had about 3000 miles on it with a ton of life left so my buddy is replacing his well worn TKC80 with it. He did get a baby head pinch flat in the same stretch where I thought I was going to get one.
Last E09 I bought, we did a group buy ($3k) with a bunch of locals. Bought from Canada.

I like those e09s! Probably be my next front and rear. I’ve used a 140 e09 and it’s half the price and handles the same as a 150. I run tubes so no need for the 150 tubeless.

Top Bottom Back Refresh