What's new
  • If you don't frequent the chat forum, make sure you read this post regarding land usage. It would be great if we could get everybody to send a comment in before Oct 7th!

KTM/Husky/GasGas Carbureted 2 Strokes

AlvinYork

A never was, washed up, has been
Member Number
Anything from the Orange empire with a carb.... and GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Paging Dr. RideFreak to the orange curtesy phone.

IMG_0471.jpg
FB_IMG_1546450398991.jpg
IMG951296.jpg
IMG951295.jpg
IMG_4563.jpg
IMG_4567.jpg
IMG_9308_exported_0_1633391804736.jpg

300man

Member Number
Just put my 2018 Husky TE300 back together after a new Vertex top end and silencer repack. Did a couple of heat cycles and we are good to GO!!

Bitingdog

Does your Dog bite?
Member Number
Suspension all rebuilt. It's very nice. Between the top end, crank seals, clutch rubbers, and suspension, it feels like new again. Tight
IMG_20220218_212432.jpg
IMG-20220219-WA0024.jpg

MadM

Member Number
Hey hey, I found a second asylum or is it a sanctuary still? :D A lot of familiar names here already.

One from last year. A friend of mine from far away was visiting. I organized one more 300 so we can do 1 day on 950 ADV's and one day on 300's.
This KTM is actually my first 2smoke, its a 2007 EXC300E that I sold about 5-6y ago. Sitting next to it is my current 2013 Husaberg TE300.
IMG_20210531_142641.jpg

MadM

Member Number
Here is a thought to ponder over a bit:
Using magnetic/trials/tethered kill switch for enduro/hard enduro ridding?

Lately I have been watching a lot of YT Enduro KeX, Alwernia,... and similar videos (my 2y old loves them). Somehow in a lot of occasions bike crashes more violently because it is still running even after the rider ejected himself. I did send my bike to the moon a few times myself, when I jumped off and the rear wheel got traction with full throttle. So having a tethered kill switch might save the bike from cartwheeling around and just lay down.
First 6 seconds are exactly what I mean

I can see this potentially being a problem in thick brush or with a lot of branches possibly yanking on the tether if too long. As a added bonus, if you stop for a lunch or gas, no one can just start your bike and ride away.

Thoughts?

North ride

Member Number
Here is a thought to ponder over a bit:
Using magnetic/trials/tethered kill switch for enduro/hard enduro ridding?

Lately I have been watching a lot of YT Enduro KeX, Alwernia,... and similar videos (my 2y old loves them). Somehow in a lot of occasions bike crashes more violently because it is still running even after the rider ejected himself. I did send my bike to the moon a few times myself, when I jumped off and the rear wheel got traction with full throttle. So having a tethered kill switch might save the bike from cartwheeling around and just lay down.
First 6 seconds are exactly what I mean

I can see this potentially being a problem in thick brush or with a lot of branches possibly yanking on the tether if too long. As a added bonus, if you stop for a lunch or gas, no one can just start your bike and ride away.

Thoughts?

I ride trials bikes in the bush the tether is a issue getting snagged on stuff. I just use a regular kill switch or leave the tether off the magnet.

MadM

Member Number
Who is on the last carbed 2stroke from KTM Grouop and how do you like it?

Top Bottom