What's new
  • If you don't frequent the chat forum, make sure you read this post regarding land usage. It would be great if we could get everybody to send a comment in before Oct 7th!

Let's see your camp chair!

Al Tuna

Member Number
My first trip to Barbers Vintage Days 2010. Wally World camp gear. :D

SANY0186.jpg

Al Tuna

Member Number
My REI chair. This thing has traveled almost 60,000 miles on the back of my bikes, since 2015. I like it so much, it sits in front of our pellet stove and I sit in it when I want to get warm.

0A136137-5E73-46D0-AA1D-3F01AFD266CD.jpeg

At my size, I just can't bring myself to trust them. They creak at the joints when I've sat in them.

Yinzer Moto

ADV+
Member Number
At my size, I just can't bring myself to trust them. They creak at the joints when I've sat in them.

Yeah, I have seen them break. It helps that I am light. I can confidently rock back on the rear legs and use the chair like a rocking chair.

Al Tuna

Member Number
Yeah, I have seen them break. It helps that I am light. I can confidently rock back on the rear legs and use the chair like a rocking chair.

I can use the folding tripod chairs for compact camping, but there's no way to relax in those.

Amphib

Member Number
I tried Kermit, REI and other various pricey brands..IMHO Wally World cheapo usually under $10 last a season or two or more if lucky then the Garbage
I can confirm. My Walmart chair lasted 3 then basically disintegrated. I’m on an REI now and not convinced it’ll last any longer, tho it is lighter and more comfortable.

4077AFC1-D726-4C23-A84E-2BE28851FB7F.jpeg

Al Tuna

Member Number
For truck camping, a few of these on sale for 20 bucks, great camp chairs to share with friends. Light weight and strong.

62314_W3.jpg

FLrider

Member Number
My Kermit is going on 20 years and still is as comfortable as ever. I did get the leg extensions a few years ago as getting :gerg blows... :D
Having a long lasting product also reduces the garbage pile and avoids buying from China-Mart as much as possible .... YMMV

DSquared

Adventurer
ADV+
Member Number
For car camping this folding rockers are the shit. I had a helinox knockoff that broke. That was replaced by a Crazy Creek but I find I don't use that because I might as well just sit on the ground at that point.
1644938482270.png

DJ_MI

Member Number
This is from mid-October in the UP of Michigan. One of the coldest nights I've camped out in. Before bed I stacked my gear in an attempt to block some of the wind coming off Bass Lake. I was the only one in the campground and chose the most scenic site which turned out to be the windiest site.
CampChairWindBreak2021-10-16 11.12.46 - Copy.jpg

Top Bottom