What's new

Let’s see your KTM!

IMG_3384-X2.jpg

La Costra Nostra
FullSizeRender9-L.jpg

Motor is out again, this time no compression so digging in to find out why.
IMG_8008-XL.jpg
I was wondering why you didn't pull it apart in the frame but after looking, I would have done the same thing if the bike was on the stand and more so minus the wheels :thumbup

I have the same gen so I'm curious what you find. How many hours on it?

My mechanic said to pull the motor so they didn't have to. It was as good a time as any to swap tires too. I don'y know how many hours but the odo only has 1500 km's on it and the time it spent without the odo wouldn't have been much more either. So not many miles at all on this motor.

My first KTM. Almost made it home from the dealer. Not impressed so far!
MTC failure.

Attachments

• IMG_2894.JPG
    IMG_2894.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2895.JPG
    IMG_2895.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 14
My first KTM. Almost made it home from the dealer. Not impressed so far!
MTC failure.
That sucks man.

I'm on my 4th KTM and I've not had any major issues that I haven't caused myself. Their QA does need to get better though. Seeing more and more of this all the time.

Austria seems to have little to do with this bike. Chinese motor, assembled in India.
The 17 miles it lasted were pretty good :-) Hope it gets sorted properly.

One of three KTMs is leaving the house 😥
Sold the ’99 660 Rallye to a French collector and transport is at next week. I’ve had it for five years now, its a blast to ride but I just don’t dare to use it anymore the way its designed. Im planning to recover it with something a bit different but defenetly rally-oriented.

IMG_1036.jpeg

IMG_1037.jpeg

Last edited:
I miss the outright power and estart of my 520, but the 300 handles better, doesn't overheat on long slow trails and is just overall easier to ride. It's punchy with the Gnarly pipe, but an RFS will walk away every time. You get off the RFS when you're tired and hop on the 300 and suddenly you don't feel tired anymore and can keep going. So she was the keeper. Ground clearance is crazy on these.

IMG_20231007_104617866.jpg

Top Bottom Back Refresh