What's new

Lift/Table

I use Parallel jacks for various projects, I found the wider one is my go to for the bikes. The width and the Rubber top provides better stability

link

1645058898501.png
1645059114575.png

it was a tad short for the dirt bike, so I welded 1.5" tubing under it.

ScreenHunter_2220 Feb. 16 18.55.jpg
Something I do with that style jack on top of my lift is to put a sand bag (one of my shooting bags) between the jack and the bike. This helps spread the load and make it more stable, especially on a bike where the exhaust runs underneath. The shooting bag ends up oily so it gets dedicated to lifting duty.

If you want a minimalist lift the Kendon Cruiser Lift stands on end for storage. Air over hydraulic.

1644768448245.png

I found it useful for dirt bikes. It is rated for 1000#, but with my Super Tenere that far up in the air and the lift being narrow, it sure made me uncomfortable.

I've sold this one off, the wide sized lifts (HF) suit me better
I was looking at these this morning. Would be using it on my TU250, W800, and F800GT for maintenance that doesn't require lifting or removing the wheels ('ve got pitbull stands for that kind of stuff). It seems like it might be difficult to initially roll the bike onto it because of how narrow it is -- how hard is that, without things going pear-shaped and dropping the bike before you even get it on the lift?! The stand footprint on the floor is about the same as other lifts with wider tables, so I don't think tipping is an issue. I really, REALLY like the storage of this one. My garage is 18x21ft, and contains my car and three motorcycles -- floor space is very limited.

it works for a 1200cc class bikes, no problem to roll it up there. A harley owner bought it when I decided to to to the HF table.

I really liked it for dirt bikes though.

One thing I learned in short order is I wanted a wider table for stability and a place for all my tools when working.

It is a small footprint and well built.

3Ka3Fa3Jb5K65He5Jed370e2e86823849130a.jpg

The HF lift is hard to beat for value and I have lifted countless bikes with mine since I bought it in '07. That being said, since retiring I have built a little hobby of buying and fixing and selling motorbikes and a second lift can be really handy.

I bought this Bigg Maxx lift off CL a few years ago for a hundred bucks and I've never seen another one. It's perfect for working on a second bike while waiting on parts for the bike on the main lift. It really needs to be refurbished but here it is with my old Suzuki.

1645127498806.png

I wouldn't want to lift a Goldwing with it but it's fine for smaller bikes.

Last edited:
it works for a 1200cc class bikes, no problem to roll it up there. A harley owner bought it when I decided to to to the HF table.

I really liked it for dirt bikes though.

One thing I learned in short order is I wanted a wider table for stability and a place for all my tools when working.

It is a small footprint and well built.

3Ka3Fa3Jb5K65He5Jed370e2e86823849130a.jpg
Hmmm...seems like it would be a problem to even use for oil changes since I have no place to put the drain pan, especially on a bike with a sideways-facing drain plug.

The HF lift is hard to beat for value and I have lifted countless bikes with mine since I bought it in '07. That being said, since retiring I have built a little hobby of buying and fixing and selling motorbikes and a second lift can be really handy.

I bought this Bigg Maxx lift off CL a few years ago for a hundred bucks and I've never seen another one. It's perfect for working on a second bike while waiting on parts for the bike on the main lift. It really needs to be refurbished but here it is with my old Suzuki.

1645127498806.png

I wouldn't want to lift a Goldwing with it but it's fine for smaller bikes.
That is a RAD old compressor in the background.

Don't skimp out and get something cheap. Spend a bit (lot) more and get a really good lift. My only regret is I didn't buy one 20 years earlier!

I use it for so much more than just the bikes. It's big enough to put a lawn tractor or snowmobile on. So much nicer than working on a cold cement floor.

It's just a great adjustable work surface. Awesome for wood working projects, painting, and much more.

I've even thrown a table cloth over it and used it as a buffet table!

My Titan is 52" wide with extensions, and lifts 42" high.

i-Qvqt47k-X2.jpg

i-9t9jMwg-X2.jpg

Don't skimp out and get something cheap. Spend a bit (lot) more and get a really good lift. My only regret is I didn't buy one 20 years earlier!

I use it for so much more than just the bikes. It's big enough to put a lawn tractor or snowmobile on. So much nicer than working on a cold cement floor.

It's just a great adjustable work surface. Awesome for wood working projects, painting, and much more.

I've even thrown a table cloth over it and used it as a buffet table!

My Titan is 52" wide with extensions, and lifts 42" high.

i-Qvqt47k-X2.jpg

i-9t9jMwg-X2.jpg
That's nice, but a bit steep in price for me. looks like ~$2500?

5 years ago I splurged and bought a Direct-Lift from Derek Weaver. At the time it was $699 plus shipping, totaled about $870. Like everything else they've gone up a lot since then, glad I did it when I did. It's an air cylinder only, no hydraulic, and has been fabulous. Close to a year ago I acquired a '95 H-D Heritage Softail Classic from a customer of mine who just wanted it gone, hadn't ridden it in 15 years. Biggest thing I've ever had on it by far, handled it just like all my other bikes. My 900F on it today
KvBk55C.jpg

My motorcycle trailer needed a bit of maintenance and I really dislike working on it outside when it's cold. So, I put my motorcycle lift in the center of the garage, rolled the trailer and up she went:
IMG_0883.jpeg

After changing the tires, I lubed the bearings:
IMG_0886.jpeg

Also, one of the plastic glides used for ramp storage came loose so I took care of that:
IMG_0889.jpeg

It's ready to roll. I"m heading to Death Valley in about 10 days and will trailer to San Antonio and ride from there.

Mike

I was more referring to being able to life the bike...while its on a lift. Sort of like scissor lifts for cars, but they have that lift in the center to raise the vehicle up off the platform.

Thinking like if there was brake work or something, being able to lift the bike up while its already off the ground. They have them, wasn't sure how handy that would be.

I thought i answered this , you need to put a parallel block under the bike on the KENDON< and it felt sketchy to me...

Hmmm...seems like it would be a problem to even use for oil changes since I have no place to put the drain pan, especially on a bike with a sideways-facing drain plug.

it was a PAIN in the ARSE for oil changes. the wide tables much better for that

Top Bottom Back Refresh