What's new

Lift/Table

I was looking at these this morning. Would be using it on my TU250, W800, and F800GT for maintenance that doesn't require lifting or removing the wheels ('ve got pitbull stands for that kind of stuff). It seems like it might be difficult to initially roll the bike onto it because of how narrow it is -- how hard is that, without things going pear-shaped and dropping the bike before you even get it on the lift?! The stand footprint on the floor is about the same as other lifts with wider tables, so I don't think tipping is an issue. I really, REALLY like the storage of this one. My garage is 18x21ft, and contains my car and three motorcycles -- floor space is very limited.
I'd love to have one of these Kendon lifts but you can't find them anywhere. :dunno

9F66FCED-6DE2-4FF0-B349-D6EB63A7EA91.jpeg

Craigslist long time ago. Appears to be HF. Bikes, mowers, chainsaws… has never bled down.

There are several eye bolts in ceiling joists (construction industry 40 yrs) for lifting with come-along and straps. A lot more stable than mid bike jack device. Can use Pit Bull rear stand, lift front, completely disassemble front.

I once saw a very useful Bike lift made from scrap scaffold boarding a car scissor type wheel jack , and a cheap old hospital bed. It worked great . Very little fabrication and it lifted both wheels off the deck or just the rear tilted to remove back wheel rotate wheel etc, all electric and he only paid £50 for the bed.
Just looked on fleabay, they have gone up a little these post pandemic days, but one here £145 or make offer.

add a few more u bolts to each side. I think I have 4 per side now. total game changer.

1645501906437.png

Last edited:
I have a HF lift that I use for bikes that aren't going to be on it long. Had it for 15 plus years, done a ton of work on it. I had a table in my garage that i used for long term work, restorations, and the like. I decided I needed something that wouldn't take up as much room and would roll out of the way. I started making it this week using these plans;

I went to Lowes and 3/4 plywood was $80! Yikes! But Birch 3/4 was "only" $65. Just need it to warm up and stop raining so I can give it a coat of polyurathane.

My old table;
i-f6LnKGT.jpg

i-Z62LjPk.jpg

add a few more u bolts to each side. I think I have 4 per side now. total game changer.

1645501906437.png
Yawp. I can see that. Also ordered a small scissor lift like you have. yea, this works great.

Reactions: MVI
I think when I built mine in 2017 3/4 was like $32 and I was shocked then...
Just to show you how some things haven't changed as much as others (probably selective "inflation" based on recent construction demand), when my father helped me build a foosball table in 1977 he told me to get a single sheet of 3/4 birch plywood. As a then 22 year old who had never bought any plywood before, I was shocked that regular plywood was around $8 to $10 a 4x8 sheet at the time but birch was $35. So regular plywood goes up nearly 10 times the price, yet birch less than double in the same time frame...

Ready to pull the trigger on one of these, got my name on the list for when there available. What you guys think? Use up less space when its not being used, pull the wheels without another lift. Looks like it would hold up my 1290 Adventure!

Attachments

• abba-149.jpg
    abba-149.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 17
A couple of reasons not to go that route:

Where do you put all of the parts, pieces, and tools when you're working on the bike? With a lift table, you have lots of surface area to clutter up.

Only works with motorcycles. A lift table can lift snowblowers, lawnmowers, rototillers, and a dozen other small equipment items.

A lift table also makes a great multi height work table. Works great for multiple projects, not just bike related stuff.
[UWSL] [/UWSL]
[UWSL]I find it's also great for painting stuff. You can always have your painting surface at the proper height.[/UWSL]

I think the sky lift is just a bit too single purpose...

Back
Top Bottom