What's new

Lift/Table

woods

Yawp.
Mod
ADV+
Member Number
Any suggestions for a lift/table? I have the equivalent to a jackstand, but thoughts on a full on table? Harbor Freight has that $550 one. Something under $1000. I do have access to air.

Harbor Freight makes a good one, that with a few hours of labor you can mod into a great table

1644767931428.png

Last edited:
If you want a minimalist lift the Kendon Cruiser Lift stands on end for storage. Air over hydraulic.

1644768448245.png

I found it useful for dirt bikes. It is rated for 1000#, but with my Super Tenere that far up in the air and the lift being narrow, it sure made me uncomfortable.

I've sold this one off, the wide sized lifts (HF) suit me better

not bad. ever run into an issue with wanting to raise the bike while its on the table?

not bad. ever run into an issue with wanting to raise the bike while its on the table?

I sold the kendon off for that very reason, It felt pretty risky with a parrallel block to lift 1200cc bike up off the kendon.

I sold the kendon off for that very reason, It felt pretty risky with a parrallel block to lift 1200cc bike up off the kendon.
I was more referring to being able to life the bike...while its on a lift. Sort of like scissor lifts for cars, but they have that lift in the center to raise the vehicle up off the platform.

Thinking like if there was brake work or something, being able to lift the bike up while its already off the ground. They have them, wasn't sure how handy that would be.

If patience is a virtue you posses and you're willing to enter the monkey circus that is craigslist (or like equivalent) there are deals out there. I can't recall the exact figure, but I think I spent about six hundred bucks? Drove to the guy's place, brought it home in my truck.

It's basic, but I would take it over an HF lift any day of the week.

IMG-8412.jpg

If patience is a virtue you posses and you're willing to enter the monkey circus that is craigslist (or like equivalent) there are deals out there. I can't recall the exact figure, but I think I spent about six hundred bucks? Drove to the guy's place, brought it home in my truck.

It's basic, but I would take it over an HF lift any day of the week.

IMG-8412.jpg
Those Handy Lifts retail around $1400. You got a great deal.

Any suggestions for a lift/table? I have the equivalent to a jackstand, but thoughts on a full on table? Harbor Freight has that $550 one. Something under $1000. I do have access to air.
Another vote for the Harbor Freight one. Much sturdier in real life than I had feared - but with so many people recommending them, I gave it a shot. I've got my DL1000 up on mine right now for some winter maintenance. It's so nice to not have to sit on the floor to work.

I don't imagine its recommended, but I can move the whole bike/lift combo around too. Usually lower the lift - but it's nice that I don't have to unstrap and remove the bike if I need the lift in a different part of my shop.

mmk, I'll keep tabs on the HF table then.

I'll also see about incorporating a little lift to raise the bike while its on the table. So I can remove a tire or something if I need to.

Well, at 73 years of age, I really hate to see my wife having to struggle working on my bike. The cold really gets to her arthritis and, bless her heart, she tends to get a bit snippy when I supervise too closely.
1644886413018.png

So, two years ago today, I got her one of these:
1644886533505.png

She thought it a bit extravagant for a Valentines Day gift but, what the heck, I try to make sure she has the best. Oh, by the way, the good folks at Handy offer discounts for veterans.

Mike

I use Parallel jacks for various projects, I found the wider one is my go to for the bikes. The added width and the Rubber top provides better stability

link

1645058898501.png
1645059114575.png

I never like running parrallel jacks to their upward limit, then it was a tad short for the dirt bike, so I welded 1.5" tubing under it.

ScreenHunter_2220 Feb. 16 18.55.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom