What's new

Long Distance riders

Hmmm...My Yamaha Xmax 300 at 292cc would qualify for that sticker. My one and only SS1000 cert was from the 2008 Minute Man 1000 that I rode on my 2003 Honda Silver Wing 600 scooter. That ride took me 23 hours and 38 minutes as I kept getting lost. I also misjudged the end point of the rally, I-91 Exit 18 in Northampton, MA by getting off I-91 at Exit 18 in CT. Once I realized my mistake it was WOT all the way back to the starting point.

For reasons unknown I've never heard of the Minuteman1000. Looks like it's for bikes under 600cc only?
No, 600cc was the minimum engine size. I had to ask for clearance for the SWing because the engine on that bike is a 582cc parallel twin. Ritalin Boy, whose real name escapes me at the moment, of the Yankee Beemers was one of the organizers.

Am I reading it wrong? Oh I see, these aren't the rules, just an info page.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-16-10-41-47.png
    Screenshot_2023-01-16-10-41-47.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 14
I've been obsessed with doing a 50cc Coast to Coast, but I don't know when I could find enough time to do the whole trip, meaning get to an optimal starting place in Florida, Get to an optimal ending place in California, and get back to NJ.

But this isn't going to stop me from getting myself a 50cc scooter the next time I have an opportunity to.

I think around the world on a tomos would be amazing. My a3 would actually get though a foot of snow if I peddled. 50s are really my favorite bikes. Kinda a zen thing. Now I run the bicycle engine kits offroad. I think 66cc

I've been obsessed with doing a 50cc Coast to Coast, but I don't know when I could find enough time to do the whole trip, meaning get to an optimal starting place in Florida, Get to an optimal ending place in California, and get back to NJ.

But this isn't going to stop me from getting myself a 50cc scooter the next time I have an opportunity to.

On the stock engine that has oil and venting issues.

Interesting video. It was filmed in Alabama and I recognized some of the roads and places in the video. 80,000+ miles on a Ruckus is amazing and not something I would ever do. My hat's off to this guy but 50cc is too slow for me to feel safe in traffic. I did have the chance to ride a Ruckus in Alaska and had a blast but we didn't ride that far and the speed limits on the roads we were on was 25 MPH.

I'll definitely watch this later.

Pretty sure I saw him in New Jersey 8 or 9 years ago? We didn't talk because the timing was a little off and he was keeping his distance (we were the only ones in the park and it was dusk). I thought I PM'd him on the old site but I looked back and couldn't find it.

^ I do the same. I absolutely love doing long distance riding. It clears my head and is good for the soul. I have done many qualifying rides but never felt the need to document them. Now that I'm older than dirt, I'm thinking that I will probably certify one of my rides. It will look impressive to some in my obituary.

I have one of those. Sometimes people ask me if I did it on the ADV150. :lol3 Not quite up to the rule requirements or capable of doing the miles in the time on hand. But I didn't feel like putting the SS1K backer on, even though I did that on the ADV.

Back
Top Bottom