What's new

MaxiScoots Forum 2.0?

A few days ago it was announced that the forum would shut down unless someone wanted to take it over
I may be able to help. Why is it closing down? Got a link to the post?

Scooters is only one small part of the site but if the scooter segment grows here, we can add sub forums as needed.
My personal opinion is that this forum, as structured now would work just fine. Maybe if enough people come over from the maxi scoots forum a sub forum of scooters could be added but I don't think that will be needed
This is what was thinking. 🍻

Last edited:
One of the great things about the maxiscoots forum IMO was the annual meetup that allowed members to actually spend time and ride together. The Maxiscoots meetup is no more and hasn't happened for a few years but the opportunity to meet up with the people you knew on the maxiscoots forum is still there. A couple of events coming up this year will have some Maxiscoots members attending. First is the Maggie Valley "Beat the Heat" scooter rally coming up in just over two weeks: https://advbikes.com/threads/4rth-annual-beat-the-heat-scooter-rally-maggie-valley-7-31-8-5.1229/

Second is Scooting the Ozarks coming up in September: https://scoottheozarks.proboards.com/

So what is the definition of a Maxi Scooter I have one for sure a 2004 Scarabeo 500 , maybe my Bv350 counts but it feels smaller and does a 2008 Honda Helix count ?
I have never seen an exact definition of maxi scooter. It's not only engine size but also the style of scooter. I consider most scooters with step over frame like the Helix or Reflex to be maxi scooters. I'd say the BV350 and Scarabeo 500 to be maxiscooters by virtue of engine size. On the other hand I would consider a Vespa 300 GTS to be a traditional scooter despite engine size. But that's just my opinion.

Maggie (over at Maxi-Scoots) used 250cc and up as a maxi-scooter. I started this scooter odyssey with a 250cc SYM GTSi, then moved to a Piaggio X10 330cc, and now a Kymco AK550. I'd say the SYM was in the maxi class by the skin of it's teeth but the other 2 are solidly grounded there. Partly, for me, it's the overall size and shape of things. The wheel base on the X10 and the AK is about the same as a Harley or Indian. The X10 topped out, realistically, around 85MpH while the AK will hit triple digits with some left over.

So, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and moves like a duck it may just be a duck.

Last edited:
I think shape should be the ultimate denominator. Honda’s PCX and ADV and Suzuki’s B200 have the maxi frame, at least to my eye, but all are less than 250cc. Despite engine size, I consider the Piaggio scooters traditional and not maxi. What is nice is that we can all have a different opinion at yet find beauty and functionality in both traditional or maxi-scooters and in opposing viewpoints. Cheers.

I have a Yamaha Majesty which is clearly a maxi scooter. My Kymco Like 150i clearly isn't. My Honda ADV 150 has the maxi scooter shape but is only 150cc so i don't consider it a maxi scooter. They are all very different riding experiences but they are all fun and that's what really counts.

It looks like the Maxi Scoots forum is no more. There is not much activity on the Face Book page either.

I wasn't aware of the Maxiscoots forum..but as you know I am on this site as a maxiscooter owner and enthusiast.
It was a pretty active forum until just a few years ago. They had a meetup every year and rode together. It's too bad it went under. There just wasn't much interest. A few of the members came to this forum and a few occasionally post on their facebook page but that's about it.

Top Bottom Back Refresh