What's new

MaxiScoots Forum 2.0?

klaviator

Scooter Trash
Member Number
A few years ago I joined the MaxiScoots forum. As the name implies, it was mainly about Maxi Scooters. It wasn't a really big or active forum but it did have regular activity. What made this forum different was that many of the members knew each other and some were good friends. This happened because there was a big get together every year where many of the members got together in various places that had good riding and spent a few day riding and spending time together. I think the last big get together was a few years ago in Alabama and I managed to attend some of that.

Several months ago my computer crashed and I lost my password and the password reset didn't work so i stopped posting but occasionally looked in as a guest. A few days ago it was announced that the forum would shut down unless someone wanted to take it over. One of the members decided to try to keep the gang together by starting a FaceBook group. I think that was a great idea but as we all know, FB sucks compared to a forum. But, better that than nothing.

I was out mowing my lawn in the 100 degree heat when an idea (or maybe a delusion:lol3) hit me. There is a better way. Why not just get everyone to move over here? The software on this forum is actually much better than the old forum. If you have things you really want to save like pics or the stories and ride reports from the old rallies, they could be moved over here. On top of that you instantly get more riders to interact with as there are a number of scooter riders over here. Since many of the Maxi Scoots members ride motorcycles they might be interested in the other parts of this forum.

I am aiming this post at the Maxi Scoots members and will post a link there. For you MaxiScoots members, take a look around and see if you like what you see. Keep in mind that this is a pretty new forum and growing.

I am one of those. No fb here. I miss a bunch of my riding buds that have given up websites due to the a$$holes at VerticalScope, and have went to fb.
Tell them to come here. I'm on FB but it's a very poor substitute for a forum.

I am aiming this post at the Maxi Scoots members and will post a link there. For you MaxiScoots members, take a look around and see if you like what you see. Keep in mind that this is a pretty new forum and growing.

Scooters is only one small part of the site but if the scooter segment grows here, we can add sub forums as needed.

Scooters is only one small part of the site but if the scooter segment grows here, we can add sub forums as needed.
My personal opinion is that this forum, as structured now would work just fine. Maybe if enough people come over from the maxi scoots forum a sub forum of scooters could be added but I don't think that will be needed. There is already a scooter section, a ride reports section and other sections to accommodate pretty much every interest. Threads could be started in those sections as desired. This forum provides a much better platform for pretty much everything compared to FB.

My personal opinion is that this forum, as structured now would work just fine. Maybe if enough people come over from the maxi scoots forum a sub forum of scooters could be added but I don't think that will be needed. There is already a scooter section, a ride reports section and other sections to accommodate pretty much every interest. Threads could be started in those sections as desired. This forum provides a much better platform for pretty much everything compared to FB.

If it gets busy enough, a sub forum dedicated to specific brands may be helpful but the thumpers section seems to operate just fine without sub forums. Just do dedicated threads related to specific bikes.

If it gets busy enough, a sub forum dedicated to specific brands may be helpful but the thumpers section seems to operate just fine without sub forums. Just do dedicated threads related to specific bikes.
The Maxi Scoots forum has 550 members but only a fraction of those are active. We won't see that many new members from that forum but hopefully the active ones will come over. A few already have:clap

1263.jpg
:dirtdog

Back
Top Bottom