What's new

Mirror won't stay adjusted R1150R, advice needed

south east okie

ADV+
Member Number
I have a '02 1150r and the RH mirror won't stay adjusted. Bumps and even speed of over 80 moves it.

It's moving in the ball and socket, not the arm.

Any advice on how to tighten it where it doesn't move so easily?

Last edited:
Fuel line might have more strength. I have mounted alot of brake kits for flat towing cars using fuel line bushings the reduce vibration. I have used O rings in similar small electronic board mounting. But I was thinking wicking compound from loc time might work if it is metal to metal...or ride in the salt.

I'm not mounting the mirror , just trying to tighten the ball/socket where the mirror joins the stalk. I don't know how long the o-ring is gonna last , but is working now

Ya I got the ball socket part but fuel hose might hold better because it has internal threads but might not slip down the stalk. Wicking compound or a drop of super glue might work. Peening around the socket might work too. I thought one brand had an adjustment screw?...old honda maybe? I have had both loose and seized ball pivots. And even broke a vino 125 throttle housing by hand trying to adjust the siezed mirror.

Ha how about a wad of double up rubber bands. Or split the fuel line and a zip tie around the fuel line. I think set it and wicking or a CA glue would look the best. The other fixes are for a flat black bike...opposed twin. Now I need to go check my r100 mirrors. I bet seized

Top Bottom Back Refresh