What's new

Moto Guzzi is doing what?

cabanza

Member Number
Cycle World is speculating that Moto Guzzi will introduce an entry level bike based on the Aprilia RS 457. If that's the case, it's very disappointing. What say you ADV Bikers?

DC4XZXK7JFFRNCPK3UGU6XQXKI.jpg

Going out of business since 1921...

The appearance of a test mule usually has little relation to the final production piece, so speculation might be fun but pointless.

What's disappointing about it? We can always use more smaller, less expensive bikes.

I don't want to speculate what your disappointment is cabanza, so do share with us. Your pot stirring techniques are still excellent, btw. :lol3
I may be wrong but I think all Guzzis have been assembled in Italy. Other than the lack of shaft drive and different engine configuration, the fact that the bike will be Chinese made is a let down. But hey, if everyone's doing it, I guess that makes it okay.

Last edited:
World market and simple cost analysis. BMW would have been FAR better off bringing out a boxer 650 with shaft drive, (imagine what modern tech could have produced), and sticking to their principles instead of going for the lowest hanging fruit and building chain driven bikes, never mind the ones they don't really build.

Guzzi could be said to be in the same boat. Building a new motor of the same shaft drive V configuration is the Smart thing to do, but it's not the cost effective thing to do.

Both companies have diminished their marque. Brand loyalty suffers and in the end, they don't care because they sold a few more bikes.

I may be wrong but I think all Guzzis have been assembled in Italy. Other than the lack of shaft drive and different engine configuration, the fact that the bike will be Chinese made is a let down. But hey, if everyone's doing it, I guess that makes it okay.
Building a small bike doesn't cost that much less than a big one but customers expect a lower price so the manufacturers must cut cost somehow. Right now Moto Guzzi doesn't sell any bikes that I would consider buying. Their current offerings in the USA are too big and expensive. I rode a friends V85TT and it's a nice bike but bigger than I want or need. The same thing goes for Triumph. I would consider buying the new 400 which is made in India.

Building a small bike doesn't cost that much less than a big one but customers expect a lower price so the manufacturers must cut cost somehow. Right now Moto Guzzi doesn't sell any bikes that I would consider buying. Their current offerings in the USA are too big and expensive. I rode a friends V85TT and it's a nice bike but bigger than I want or need. The same thing goes for Triumph. I would consider buying the new 400 which is made in India.
Moto Guzzi is, was? the only manufacturer that was still assembling bikes onsite. Ok, maybe Ducati too? I feel that Moto Guzzi has been able to offer a good product at a good price without resorting to outsourcing. Call me sentimental.

If you haven't tried and older version of the V7 ii or V7 iii, you should try one. They make about 45 HP and are fairly light. I think the V7 iii has a large tank too. They are pretty good fun.

Not sure what Moto Guzzi will call this bike; but, I like it as seen in the photos. Round headlight, normal seat and tail section, cast wheels, huge front brake, and what looks like more than two gallons of fuel capacity.

Shipping size and weight? How many per container sets the price...a boxer 650 would have a wide crate with vulnerable cylinder heads on the side. Not even China will try that. But even as parts are shipped same scenario. My gosh my rxv550 swing arm vs my tw or gpx for storring shipping or assembly.

The cub and horizontal inspired designs rules. ..this could be upscaled with a volume vs crate volume for pricing. Who doesn't want a 450cc horizontal. Heck short stroke pushrod for a compact and economical design. Gx390...420, 440 and now 460cc on go karts and minibikes use this every day..add oil pump and torque cam.

This probably why my dream adv 4cyl bike costs 18k. Shipping, bad ass parts...liability liability on those big horses

USD's and twin shocks is an interesting combo. The bike does look very small. No where to fit a mono under the seat, I reckon. I didn't know that Moto Guzzi and Aprilia were in cahoots

Looks uncomfortable if you're over 5'7"
I was going to do a test rip on some of their bikes at a nearby dealership. Upon getting there, I was taken aback by how small they are. I decided against it. Same goes for Aprilia. Those Italian bikes are stupid small.

Guzzis should be v twins and shaft drive and assembled in Italy. IMO

Moto guzi have for 50+ years Sold budget bikes , in the 70s they sold the 250 two stroke twins chain drive and shared everything but the badge with thee beneli 250 two stroke twin of the same era.
this is just a modern retake on the earlier budget guzis.
1709987513223.png

Beneli version
1709987341692.png

Top Bottom Back Refresh