What's new

Moto vans and campers

Does towing that 5x8 trailer effect your gas mileage?

Yes it does a bit. I can get about 14.5 MPG without the trailer if I keep my foot out of the turbos. With the trailer I get about 12.5 MPG, and that is only as long as I keep my speed down around 65 MPH. Hit states like Idaho and Utah with an 80 MPH speed limit combined with higher altitude (where I'll bump my speed up to about 73), and I can drop as low as 10.5 MPG.

Your bikes are so ridiculously clean. What do you have for a mobile washing setup? :D Because one of the things I've been kicking around is a 20g water tank and some kind of sprayer. Maybe the dewalt 20v version as I'm already in their ecosystem and it's supposedly not-quite a pressure sprayer which is perfect for getting mud off bikes but not breaking them.

I have an electric pressure washer (Greenworks), and a soap foaming attachment. I wet the bikes, foam them, let them sit for a bit, and then spray them off (keeping the tip of the washer a good distance away from any sensitive areas).

Then blow them off with a leaf blower, followed up by hand drying them, while checking the bikes over for loose bolts, etc.

Wait about an hour for everything to be good and dry, and then hit the chain with some Dupont Chain Saver.

The whole process takes less than an hour for both bikes, not counting the down time between washing and lubing.

I have an electric pressure washer (Greenworks), and a soap foaming attachment. I wet the bikes, foam them, let them sit for a bit, and then spray them off (keeping the tip of the washer a good distance away from any sensitive areas).

Then blow them off with a leaf blower, followed up by hand drying them, while checking the bikes over for loose bolts, etc.

Wait about an hour for everything to be good and dry, and then hit the chain with some Dupont Chain Saver.

The whole process takes less than an hour for both bikes, not counting the down time between washing and lubing.
That sounds amazing and explains how the bikes look so good. But... all done at home though? That's my limitation. I live in NYC so just have a van on the street full of motorcycles and want to be able to wash them after riding and load them up.

That sounds amazing and explains how the bikes look so good. But... all done at home though? That's my limitation. I live in NYC so just have a van on the street full of motorcycles and want to be able to wash them after riding and load them up.
Yeah that definitely makes it tough... I live on 6 acres, right on the border between suburbia and farmland.

Ryobi now makes a 40v pressure washer, I know nothing about how well it works but my other 40v tools are of a good quality.

Ryobi now makes a 40v pressure washer, I know nothing about how well it works but my other 40v tools are of a good quality.
Riding buddy has one of those Ryobi 40V pressure washers. I’ve tried it once, works well for washing a muddy bike in the wild.

Yes, no inlet pressure needed. Ryobi also sells a 20 liter foldable water canister but any container will do.

1657898504857.png

Walmart just ordered 4500 of these CANOO Vans. Another option if you want an E-VAN

1657898567299.png

Looks like we're entering the final stage of the #vanlife bubble. Camper manufacturing dinosaur Hymer decided to join in and launched the Hymer Venture S.

34x9HOO.jpg

wxUhNH7.jpg

Prices start from 250 000 € :jack

cheaper than an earth roamer with a starting price of $ 1,900,000.00

Top Bottom Back Refresh