What's new

Motobene Back?

Just posted this:
8DFEEE29-E006-42A1-BBD9-17EE18664C31.jpeg

...in the electric bike forum. But's officially a moped to the states. Or is it a scooter?

I'm confused :-)

That's pretty cool, what kind or range do you get?
We don't know yet. All of our riding so far has been either in our neighborhood or on our properties. They say up to 70 miles, but I'm skeptical. Also, though you can cycle LiFePo batteries much deeper than lead-acid without range degradation, I don't like to discharge below about 40%.

We don't know yet. All of our riding so far has been either in our neighborhood or on our properties. They say up to 70 miles, but I'm skeptical. Also, though you can cycle LiFePo batteries much deeper than lead-acid without range degradation, I don't like to discharge below about 40%.
I like that Idea, especially for rides around the neighborhood or bringing along with a camper.

Because I'm a hack, I built this dez sled last year to ride some different trails. It gets about a 30mi range using all throttle, Im wore out before that ever happens. It handles about like the wallmart bicycle it is and it's kinda sketchy at it's 32mph top end, climbs like a goat though. It's solidly on the "Outlaw" side of bicycling. :evil
IMG_20220215_134649110-L.jpg

It rides the rough stuff like a sled too but I geared it low and it motors up steep hills pretty well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom Back Refresh