What's new

Motocross or dual sport boots?

I agree for there. When I ride coastal SC it's always in my Adventures. Since there isn't an indigenous rock within a light year, I don't need the extra armor and weight of the Crossfire.

Pretty much all that's left to ride on the coast is dirt roads anyway. And they are getting harder and harder to find.

Riding in conditions like this today, I'm glad my trials boots have good tread. I like my foot to stay planted to keep from falling over.

1644621678225.jpeg

The standard soles on my Gaerne Fastbacks and SG-12s are fairly smooth, with the minimal tread located on the outside & directional to bite when pulling to the rear. The main peg area remains smooth.

Last fall, I called Brian because I wanted the Fastback with the lugged sole for off-bike traction, and he basically laid it out like he does in that video. I stuck with the regular soles and skipped the black/brown model with the more lugged sole.

Between the AlpineStars Tech 7 Enduro and the Gaerne Fastbacks, both are really good off the bike, but I prefer the Gaernes now over the Astars.

I like my Sidi Goretex Adv 2s. I recognize the protection they lack and compensate my riding for it. I am not sure what my next pair will be.

What do you prefer? I have used many dual sport boots, trials boots and motocross boots. I am hung up on the protection that motocross boots offer but they are bulky. I have smashed my feet pretty bad in dual sport and trials boots but they sure are comfortable. I run some older Gaerne SG10 boots, they are very porous these days, my feet will get wet on the first drop of rain, but they also dry out almost instantly.
X 2 and wool socks

My first boots were Aerostitch Combat boots which I still like and wear. For anything dirt etc I wear Alpinestars Tech 7's. Their new Tech 7 ADV boots look really nice.

Back
Top Bottom