What's new

Motogp 2022

Kinda knew that was coming. Wonder if we'll see him at COTA? Sounds increasingly unlikely.

Let's do a hypothetical here; you're Honda with a big, fat checkbook & you need to replace your #1 rider. Who do go after?
I think this is a career ending injury for Marquez. He'd be nuts to be racing at this point.

Well that was some great qualifying riding. Pretty amazing that Pecco stayed on the bike! Was it a suspension problem? It was disappointing to see Miller so far behind ... then the penalty! The Aprilia boys did great, eh? And we thought Ducati dominate this year. It's early yet.

I was saying that if Ducati get it right then, yes we're looking at a complete dominance BUT if Ducati get it wrong, an entire 3rd of the grid will be struggling!

One of the most interesting things in Quali is that the '22 season has so much firepower in Q1! Used to be you could pretty much pick the top 2 going through to Q2 but yesterday there were 6 riders at least capable of achieving that. Looks like we can add Marini to that list now too.

Great race, eh? Aleix did a great job of tracking down Martin ... not losing his composure after some off-line excursions. I was rooting for him, being it's his first MotoGP win, and Aprilia's too. Nice to see the camaraderie!

I am going to the race in Texas next weekend. What is the best way to keep track of what’s happening during the race? At NASCAR I listen to the NPR station with headphones.
TIA

I am going to the race in Texas next weekend. What is the best way to keep track of what’s happening during the race? At NASCAR I listen to the NPR station with headphones.
TIA
The live timing app from MotoGP is really the best way to keep up. Enjoy, we'll be there for all 3 days.

Fabulous day all around - really enjoyed the Talent Cup race, got to meet Petrucci, super nice guy.

PXL_20220409_161732714.jpg

And watched this up & coming star (Vaccarino) take a respectable 5th from starting 7th with a Rossi-inspired hard block at T1 to fight off the challengers

PXL_20220409_160347504.jpg

Great racing, eh? Kudos to Miller for hanging tough nearly to the end. Kudos to Bastianini for taking it home. It was good to see a race with no major wipe-outs. The track, even though partially repaved ... still, the bumps. I'm kinda surprised more wasn't said about them.

Top Bottom Back Refresh