What's new

Motogp 2022

kickstandsup

Why not?
Member Number
Gigi's latest gizmo...a front shapeshifter

i-2FJ3rb2-L.gif

that is some crazy and amazing stuff. it is hard enough to go faster, because you continually diminish the time you have to accomplish your script. nevermind having to operate these [extra] mechanicals on top of just riding what are already the most demanding form of race bike machinery there is.

changing the characteristics of the bike like these ride height adjusters do on the fly, really is a testament to the skills of these riders. not too long ago it was introduced for benefit off the start line, now it is a tool for a variety of corners.

Let's see what comes out of the Indonesia tests. The Qatar opener should have a different feel this year with the test there dropped. There won't be days worth of rubber before FP1.

Moto2 will get my attention, being the homer I am, I'll be watching AmeRicans Roberts, Beaubier, and rookie Kelly. I like that Fenati found his way back, even if he'll be on the Boscoscuro instead of the near universal Kalex. Antonelli got promoted to the VR46 team, a much improved team since the days when they mismanaged Fenati off the team. Ogura remains my dark horse.

a much improved team since the days when they mismanaged Fenati off the team. Ogura remains my dark horse.
He physically assaulted a mechanic, not sure how that was mismanagement?

My dark (ok light grey) horse is Bastianini, oh how they laughed at me over on that other forum when I put his name forward earlier in the '21 season.

He physically assaulted a mechanic, not sure how that was mismanagement?

My dark (ok light grey) horse is Bastianini, oh how they laughed at me over on that other forum when I put his name forward earlier in the '21 season.
Brought about by lackadaisical team management. There's a reason Uccio has been relegated to functions in VR46 that are out of the public eye. Being the big guy's butler didn't prepare him for managing a World level race team.

A truism that the managers of the world try to ignore: What happens is what you let happen.

First 11 within 1/2 sec. :super

Jack Miller ... c'mon guy.
I quietly root for Miller, and Nakagami for that matter, simply because they hail from somewhere other than Spain, Italy ... Nothing against those countries at all, but having more contenders from more places is a good thing. (This makes me want to look up the country of origin of other riders.

First 11 within 1/2 sec. :super

Jack Miller ... c'mon guy.
I quietly root for Miller, and Nakagami for that matter, simply because they hail from somewhere other than Spain, Italy ... Nothing against those countries at all, but having more contenders from more places is a good thing. (This makes me want to look up the country of origin of other riders.

Tomorrow will be interesting, assuming the weather holds. Miller and Bagnaia were supposedly running through many test parts today rather than going for a time.

Should be another good year for us spectators.

I'm hopeful for a diverse season -- the MM93 era was creeping ever closer to F1 homogeneity. Diverse at least in terms of riders on the podium. I realize that all the bikes are Ducatis now, but they are different colors.

The 'seniors' had better not be looking over their shoulders, because some of this new class of sophmores and juniors just might be gaining on them! The talent pool is just unbelievable and anyone with a competitive bike should be prepared to race the wheels off it, IMHO.

Has Krop found this place yet?
Good question, no idea. I suppose a PM to him on the "site to remain nameless" might get his attention.

Edit: Oh, well, apparently I've been banned for "off topic posting," in other words, letting folks know that that site was sold, and the information shouldn't be hidden in "fluff." F'em.

Back
Top Bottom