What's new

Murals with your Bike

SAM_2996.JPG
SAM_2998.JPG

It is a cool place with a great vibe.

The only disadvantage is that it is a bit of a long, relatively ugly, walk to the downtown area. Good bar, nice pool. Another rehabbed retro hotel that is within walking distance to downtown is The Downtown Clifton:

They used to have this mural, but it got lost when they added a new addition.

DSC03113.JPG

On the campus of one of oldest Church of England schools in NA. Only visible downhill in a left-flip right place.
75350D17-9575-45D2-BBB6-AADD0E57C1D0.jpeg

Curious...do you still have the Motus? Always thought they were interesting bikes, was sorry that they folded. What do you think of it?

Sadly no. The bike #28, last built first year was fabulous sport tour machine. Incredibly good execution of design intention and reading of a tiny market. I followed closely from first knowledge, met principals shortly after salt flat records by prototypes. Test rode 2up and same day placed an order.

Almost all vital US suppliers butt fucked Motus. Full stop. First person singular. i was there. Anyone is welcome to send in rockets and lawyers.

In our 38,000 miles our bike had four starters from a major league US maker.

Rear suspension Heim joint failed and tried to kill us.

Engine castings from midwestern foundry were frequently porous. I personally proved coolant was migrating into oil passage on the bike in the photo.

I do not know which US company was doing the final machine/millwork on block and heads. They fucked~up more than once.

The Birmingham tube frame builder was, however, capable of toe to toe with anything from Panigale.

Öhlins, Brembo bits were tops. BKS wheels were etherial. Made a touring bike feel like my 748.

Motus was victim. To big domestic dipshits.

Sadly no. The bike #28, last built first year was fabulous sport tour machine. Incredibly good execution of design intention and reading of a tiny market. I followed closely from first knowledge, met principals shortly after salt flat records by prototypes. Test rode 2up and same day placed an order.

Almost all vital US suppliers butt fucked Motus. Full stop. First person singular. i was there. Anyone is welcome to send in rockets and lawyers.

In our 38,000 miles our bike had four starters from a major league US maker.

Rear suspension Heim joint failed and tried to kill us.

Engine castings from midwestern foundry were frequently porous. I personally proved coolant was migrating into oil passage on the bike in the photo.

I do not know which US company was doing the final machine/millwork on block and heads. They fucked~up more than once.

The Birmingham tube frame builder was, however, capable of toe to toe with anything from Panigale.

Öhlins, Brembo bits were tops. BKS wheels were etherial. Made a touring bike feel like my 748.

Motus was victim. To big domestic dipshits.

That's an interesting, sad, summary. Did not know any of that, thanks for sharing. Can't help but wonder why as these seem like mostly unrelated suppliers.

Having said that, I'm taking it off my "if a nice one comes up, maybe buy it" list. Thanks!

Interesting comment on the wheels as well. My Anniversario has the forged wheels, my '14 Monster 1200S had the cast. You can really feel the difference, even without going fast. I'll bet the carbon wheels were amazing.

All motor vehicle makers rely on sub contractors for everything. I can easily do a tour of a dozen different places in a day producing Nissan parts. The “Factory” in Smyrna simply receives and assembles.

All motor vehicle makers rely on sub contractors for everything. I can easily do a tour of a dozen different places in a day producing Nissan parts. The “Factory” in Smyrna simply receives and assembles.

I know, but I guess my point is that these were very unrelated suppliers, i.e., starters, Heim joints, foundry, machine shop. That they all "screwed" Motus simultaneously seems...statically unusual.

So it makes me wonder why that happened. Motus specs? Inspection failure? Price requirements? Seems likely that something drove multiple, unrelated supplier failures, other than "they were all out to get Motus."

But I'm just speculating here without any first-hand knowledge, which you seem to have, so we can go with that.

Regardless, still sorry they failed, and the bike is still off my list. ;)

Top Bottom Back Refresh