What's new

Mystery electrical connector - 2004 R1150R

Motociclista

Greetings ...
I recently bought a 2004 R1150R.
There is an electrical connector part# 968405 purpose/function that I have not identified.
I was told by BMW service that it is "probably" a connector for a GPS unit. Perhaps this is for an older Motorrad unit?
I searched for a while, but still, I am stuck.
Any idea?
PS: I am looking to put a GPS on the bike ...
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
(mods, please move the post if not in the right forum ... thanks.)

IMG_1811.jpg

The GPS connectors I've seen are 3-pin not 2-pin (at least going back to the BMW Navigator II). The 3rd wire isn't used if you have a non-BMW GPS, you just need power and ground. It usually has a cover on the connector and might be wrapped in tape. Here is the male side of the GPS connector - available from your dealer or various online vendors.

s-l1600.jpg

The GPS connectors I've seen are 3-pin not 2-pin (at least going back to the BMW Navigator II). The 3rd wire isn't used if you have a non-BMW GPS, you just need power and ground. It usually has a cover on the connector and might be wrapped in tape. Here is the male side of the GPS connector - available from your dealer or various online vendors.

s-l1600.jpg
AH!!!!
Thank you so much for the clarification! Going by elimination now, the plug I have could be for additional lights.

Greetings ...
I recently bought a 2004 R1150R.
There is an electrical connector part# 968405 purpose/function that I have not identified.
I was told by BMW service that it is "probably" a connector for a GPS unit. Perhaps this is for an older Motorrad unit?
I searched for a while, but still, I am stuck.
Any idea?
PS: I am looking to put a GPS on the bike ...
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
(mods, please move the post if not in the right forum ... thanks.)

IMG_1811.jpg
No idea on the connector, sorry. But that’s a near-perfect copy of my own wedding ring, go figure.

No idea on the connector, sorry. But that’s a near-perfect copy of my own wedding ring, go figure.
Those are actually two rings ... one is my wedding ring, and the other is my father's with his wedding date inscribed inside.

Back
Top Bottom