What's new

Need a new project, BMW K75 "K"afe?

:(I give up on a tidy work areathese days, my youngest lad since he got big enough for cars has a habit of scattering everything everywhere and he proseeds to then walk all over it all and it even gets to this low point last week. I walked in saw him brush aside with his boot a sawsal a grinder and a heap yes a heap of assorted spanners and other hand tools just so he could lay down to bond a roacker panel skirt on his Toyota.
I flipped and made him c lear up there and then. he was quiet all night and you could cut the atmasphere with a knife. But when he came back from running his girlfriend home, he appologised and said he understood and would keep it tidy. But Just had a look nin there now going for a small socket set, and its not as bad but i struggle to understand how he can work in such a sloppy way, and trust me i really am not that meticulous myself but i have my standards which are clearly higher than his. eldest lad and daughter different again. Sorry jim just and old fuddy duddy grumbling of your build thread. :lol2

:(I give up on a tidy work areathese days, my youngest lad since he got big enough for cars has a habit of scattering everything everywhere and he proseeds to then walk all over it all and it even gets to this low point last week. I walked in saw him brush aside with his boot a sawsal a grinder and a heap yes a heap of assorted spanners and other hand tools just so he could lay down to bond a roacker panel skirt on his Toyota.
I flipped and made him c lear up there and then. he was quiet all night and you could cut the atmasphere with a knife. But when he came back from running his girlfriend home, he appologised and said he understood and would keep it tidy. But Just had a look nin there now going for a small socket set, and its not as bad but i struggle to understand how he can work in such a sloppy way, and trust me i really am not that meticulous myself but i have my standards which are clearly higher than his. eldest lad and daughter different again. Sorry jim just and old fuddy duddy grumbling of your build thread. :lol2
My father would flip out if we used "a" tool and didn't put it back when done. I'm not that neat, but I do appreciate a cleaned up shop. I do it periodically when working on a project.

I'm a retired aviation mech with the mindset; everything has a place and in its place it will go. A clean work environment with less clutter reduces stress & increases safety. I also realize that clutter happens as you grenade stuff. I try to keep things reasonable and clean as I go but that's not always the case. It gets burned into you and I know JVB has had the same experiences with that. His work environment shows it! It's fun watching this project evolve.

Last edited:
Some goodies came in.

LhxSFk.jpg
JGPdfJ.jpg
d1EwU7.jpg
qdoxhs.jpg
KMnIiO.jpg
ive never had these last very long. 6 months maybe

what brand are these, and do they last ?

1659661254299.png

I have some Supermova LED's ,about the size of a quarter, wired in for tail/brake lights that I have been running for over a year. I got them from Revivil Cycles.

They sell a diode/splitter where they can be used as both brake and tail light. Last set I bought revival didn't have the "splitter" in stock ,I got one from ebay

They sell a diode/splitter where they can be used as both brake and tail light. Last set I bought revival didn't have the "splitter" in stock ,I got one from ebay
Cool, I will look into that!

More or less a non-update. I've continued to strip off a lot of little stuff, refine some stuff, not really picture worthy. I have family visiting, so I needed to clean up the shop (it desperately needed it anyhow), so I will get back on the project next week.

8PONCR.jpg
B6ntqU.jpg
z7Fq7N.jpg

More or less a non-update. I've continued to strip off a lot of little stuff, refine some stuff, not really picture worthy. I have family visiting, so I needed to clean up the shop (it desperately needed it anyhow), so I will get back on the project next week.

8PONCR.jpg
B6ntqU.jpg
z7Fq7N.jpg
That's another nice thing about visitors, gives us incentive to straighten the house out! :lol3 It's always good to do a shop reset. I usually find something I lost from two projects ago...

Found an interesting situation that I only have seen on R-Bikes. The front brake master cylinder appeared locked up, even with the calipers removed. Surely this must mean a bad master cylinder? Nope, the brake line from the Master Cylinder was completely blocked. Once removed, the master cylinder acted normal. Good news for me!

Top Bottom Back Refresh