What's new

New BMW R12 (cruiser)

cabanza

Member Number
Details are slowing coming out. I wonder when BMW will unveil their new mid size cruiser.

Not what I expected for a cruiser. Looks like a standard upright/ UJM to me? It's even got rearsets.

84" wheelbase is crazy though. That's a truck!

KJZ2XA5KJVAP5KLHBISRXVDAYE.jpg

Oh. Well, that explains why it doesn't look like a cruiser then 😁 That's the only pic I saw so I just assumed

I've read that the sales have been slow on the R18 models. I wonder if the R12 will fare any better?? I stopped by the BMW display at Sturgis in 2022 and sat on the R18 Transcontinental. Fit my frame pretty good in stock form and the fit and finish looked top notch. I was offered a test ride and if I had more time I probably would have taken them up on it. I've always liked the look of the Boxer but I admittedly have never taken one for a spin, Street, Cruiser, or Adv model...

When they first announced the R18 I said they would sell no better than the R1200C. I was right. That said, I have owned two R1200C bikes and liked them both. I would love an R18, just for fun.

When they first announced the R18 I said they would sell no better than the R1200C. I was right. That said, I have owned two R1200C bikes and liked them both. I would love an R18, just for fun.
Me too! And they are cheap!

But no space, and no manual, will make that bike a bit tough to do anything on.

I know if you had one then we would get some info so please go ahead and buy one and teach us how to work on them. You know I got the 1200 down but that R18 is just so slick I still want one. And one with reverse, the LT spoiled me on big bikes and duck walking backwards.

If there was any info on them I would have had one when they were giving 3000 and 1.99 Interest rate. Just can not buy a bike that I can not keep. I can not and more importantly, will not pay dealer service cost.

But I would buy your R18 Service DVD as I did your 1200 DVD. Best money I ever spent coming into the boxer 1200.

Me too! And they are cheap!

But no space, and no manual, will make that bike a bit tough to do anything on.

I know if you had one then we would get some info so please go ahead and buy one and teach us how to work on them. You know I got the 1200 down but that R18 is just so slick I still want one. And one with reverse, the LT spoiled me on big bikes and duck walking backwards.

If there was any info on them I would have had one when they were giving 3000 and 1.99 Interest rate. Just can not buy a bike that I can not keep. I can not and more importantly, will not pay dealer service cost.

But I would buy your R18 Service DVD as I did your 1200 DVD. Best money I ever spent coming into the boxer 1200.
To be sure, if I had access to an R18, I would put together a video. I already have many of the specs and services processes.

Top Bottom Back Refresh