What's new

New Mexico Trials Association NMTA

Sceep

πŸ–•___ πŸ˜†___ πŸ–•
Mod
ADV+
Member Number
Official thread for NMTA. I'll attempt to keep the OP updated with announcements/upcoming events etc.
March bump!

1709068796388.png

FB_IMG_1621984113888.jpg

Attachments

• 1706548500144.png
    1706548500144.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 1706548516707.png
    1706548516707.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
SanYo here we come! Gonna have some fun in the AM. οΏΌ

Attachments

• IMG_20220624_220435_767.jpg
    IMG_20220624_220435_767.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
06/24/2022 update from the club prez:

”
Hello NMTA!

As most of you know, the Forest Service has lifted the restrictions & re-opened some of the forest, which included the Lakefork area. So... it's time to ride!
Thank you all for your patience while we figured out how to best proceed. Sometimes it's really just a waiting game, but as usual we had great support from the club.

Registration is now OPEN!
We'll see you all soon!"

*Registration is OPEN *
Next Event
Lakefork Canyon
August 6th & 7th, 2022

Rider Check-in & Late Sign Up @ 8am
First riders out at 9am
Spark arrestors required, No exceptions!

Bump for this weekend!

Glorieta Adventure Camp
Just North of Santa Fe on 1-25)
September 10-11

This is a brand new area and is rumored to be great!

Updates regarding camping and other details will be on the club website.

SPARK ARRESTORS ARE REQUIRED!
Rider early sign-up is available on the club website but you can sign up at the event starting around 8ish.
First Riders out @ 9am.

Last edited:
Found a couple MTB vids from the Glorieta trail network.
Terrain looks like its gonna be awesome!

Cross posting Curtis' reply from the other site:

"
I've been up there clearing and setting for the last three days. All Lowers and most Uppers are done. Upper loop goes down Chili Dog trail in your first video. Goes right by two sections at the 1:55 segment of the video!
Both morning and afternoon loops are fairly long...a tad over 4 miles for Lowers and around 5 miles for Uppers but with a lot more elevation gain/loss. Morning loop is long but easy. Afternoon loop is just fun and flowy with one technical section for about 3/4 miles coming down Chili Dog. Both loops are super scenic and a lot of fun to ride...if you don't like these loops, you really have no business riding a motorcycle! Pretty much same loop for both days (Lowers is exact same loop both days...Uppers is 90% the same with a few deviations each day).

IMPORTANT
Everyone entering the complex at Glorieta Adventure Camp will need to sign their electronic liability waiver form before they will allow entry. This includes riders, spectators, spouses, family members, friends, kids/minors...anyone entering the grounds. Pre-registration is open on the NMTA website https://nmta.weebly.com/ . Link to the Glorieta waiver is right above the pre-registration link on the website and also here:

https://waiver.campeagle.camp/0063r00001KTOxV/event/selection

I believe the gate will be manned Friday, Saturday and Sunday from around 9am-5pm-ish. When you arrive at the gate, they will ask your name and check it off the waiver list. IF you do not sign in advance, they will have you sign one on a tablet/I-Pad at the gate before entry. Not sure yet how they will handle late arrival on Friday evening or early arrival on event days. More information coming soon and look for an email from the President!

So far there have been virtually no issues with other users on the site during setting but we will need to be very strict on keeping speed down on the trails and being as courteous as possible as they will be used by multiple users during our event every day. Bring plenty of fuel!!

Event is located within the Glorieta Adventure Camp complex and pits will be at the far northern end of the complex in their RV camping site at coordinates 35Β°36'04.3"N 105Β°46'09.1"W. Google map directions below are from the St. Francis exit in Santa Fe to the event.

https://goo.gl/maps/URrvxCtnZgDzGnDk9

Off of I-25 take exit #299 (Glorieta Exit), turn NE to the frontage road (Oak Rd.) and turn left. Follow it NNW about a half mile to the gate to check in. After through the gate, follow Oak Rd. through the complex (following the road with the yellow center stripe) about 0.8 miles to Apple Rd. and turn left onto Apple Rd. (if you get to the old fire truck on your left, you have gone too far!). Follow Apple Rd. slowly through the camp site to our pits.

Map through Glorieta complex to pits: https://goo.gl/maps/sAmynwiRpxMCHFnH6

Last edited:
From The Prez:

"
Hello NMTA!

My apologies for the delay in sending out the information for the upcoming event at Glorieta Camps; it has been quite a project to coordinate the new venue and some of the details have just been finalized this past week!

On-Line sign up is open

• Please pre-register for the NMTA event HERE to help expedite event-day registration.
Additional Details for this venue

• Every person attending the event is required to sign the Glorieta Camps on-line waiver. Please follow the link below to log in & sign it. If you do not sign it ahead of time, then you will be required to sign it on arrival.
  • https://waiver.campeagle.camp/0063r00001KTOxV/event/selection
  • Glorieta Camps is a controlled access area. You can arrive at the site starting at 10:00am on Friday, September 9th. There should be an attendant at the gate if you arrive between 10am - 5pm to provide access. If the attendant is not there, then we have been assigned a GATE CODE to use for the weekend...contact Jessica (BossLady) or Curtis (NMTrailboss) for code.
  • When you enter the area, proceed to the RV park. You will be directed to the RV park. When you enter the area, go straight on OAK & follow it around until you see the old fire truck. Turn left just before the fire truck on APPLE. We will have the standard ribbons and arrows to help you navigate to the RV park. A map of the area is also available here: CAMPUS MAP
    • Camping fees will be charged at this event and will be collected when you pay your riders fees:
      • $25 / night for full hook-ups: These spaces are limited, so please let Jessica know ahead of time if you would like hook-ups (& thank you to those of you who have already contacted us to let us know).
      • $10 / night for Boondocking
      • $8 / night for Tent Camping
    • Most of the campground has been reserved for us; however, there will be a few staff members and other campers there as well. Space at the RV park is just that..an RV park, so we may have to get creative with the parking!
  • This is a No Dog venue. As I understand it, it's a liability issue. Because we are not the only group on site that weekend, we have been asked to leave our dogs at home.
  • We will be using the existing mountain bike trails as both the upper and lower loops. These trails are well maintained and an absolute blast...but they are SHARED trails. We are taking measures to let the mountain bikers know we will be there, but please keep a few things in mind while on the loop:
    • Spark arrestors are absolutely mandatory
    • Low speeds on ALL trails, especially near homes, people, bicycles, etc. and in camp ground areas.
    • Bicyclists have right of way over us on all trails. Head on...we pull over and let them by. Same direction overtake...we are polite and wait for them to let us by and we pass slowly with proper space given and wait before accelerating...no roosting.
    • No joyriding/exploring around the property unless authorized by the TM or board.
    • No joyriding at top speed through the camp site or trails.
    • No excessively loud bikes.
    • No motorized bikes allowed other than trials bikes.
    • The trails will have two-way traffic, but not by us. You may NOT go backwards on the loop as it is set.
    • Practice areas will be designated
I realize this is a lot of information & may not seem like our typical event...it almost feels like a National with all the details! After spending many many days clearing and setting sections with the other TM's, I'm excited! We're lucky to finally have the opportunity to build a relationship with the camp, show them what a great club NMTA is, and hopefully have the opportunity to make this an annual event that is a win-win for all of us.

Please feel free to text me with any questions (or call me in the evening), and I will do my best to answer any / all of your questions. Can't wait to see you there!

Jessica Webb

NMTA President"

Roswell/Haystack Mountain OHV Area
10/1-2/2022

last 2 day event of the year.

Rider early sign-up is available on the club website but you can sign up at the event starting around 8ish.

First Riders out @ 9am.

1664219548776.png

Last edited:
Some crummy blurry pics from last weekend -

SAM_0225-L.jpg

Did some trail work to alleviate some of the wash-outs and ridges -

SAM_0224-L.jpg

We took it SERIOUSLY!! :lol3

10418525_10222432503270167_5389833411648124152_n-L.jpg

No action pics (naturally) but blurry pics of the Fun Trial on Saturday afternoon -

SAM_0226-L.jpg

Hammer! No blocking!!! :lol3

SAM_0227-L.jpg

NMTA Prez Jess is not afraid to use him as traction! :thumb

SAM_0229-L.jpg

SAM_0230-L.jpg

SAM_0231-L.jpg

Fun, eh??

SAM_0233-L.jpg

Balloon ride, in honor of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta going on that we all could care less about. :D

SAM_0234-L.jpg

Blurry scores. :shog

SAM_0239-L.jpg

Awards -

SAM_0241-L.jpg

SAM_0242-L.jpg

Damn good time, even if I failed miserably. Critter on the Montesa before I loaded it up -

SAM_0240-L.jpg

Time to practice again. And work on the settings of my "new" digital camera... :(

Some crummy blurry pics from last weekend -

SAM_0225-L.jpg

Did some trail work to alleviate some of the wash-outs and ridges -

SAM_0224-L.jpg

We took it SERIOUSLY!! :lol3

10418525_10222432503270167_5389833411648124152_n-L.jpg

No action pics (naturally) but blurry pics of the Fun Trial on Saturday afternoon -

SAM_0226-L.jpg

Hammer! No blocking!!! :lol3

SAM_0227-L.jpg

NMTA Prez Jess is not afraid to use him as traction! :thumb

SAM_0229-L.jpg

SAM_0230-L.jpg

SAM_0231-L.jpg

Fun, eh??

SAM_0233-L.jpg

Balloon ride, in honor of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta going on that we all could care less about. :D

SAM_0234-L.jpg

Blurry scores. :shog

SAM_0239-L.jpg

Awards -

SAM_0241-L.jpg

SAM_0242-L.jpg

Damn good time, even if I failed miserably. Critter on the Montesa before I loaded it up -

SAM_0240-L.jpg

Time to practice again. And work on the settings of my "new" digital camera... :(
Looks like a good time was had by all !!!
:beer:clap:beer

Our next event:

Nov 6

San Ysidro Trials Area

BLM land, dry camping

First Riders out @ 9am.

Bump for Dec:

Our next event:

Dec 4

San Ysidro Trials Area

BLM land, dry camping

First Riders out @ 9am.

Back
Top Bottom