What's new

Triumph Speed 400 and Scrambler 400 X

Thanks man. I'm also 6-2. It looks to be comparable "compactness" to my FZ07. Everyone said I looked too big on it, but it felt great to me!
I once posted a pic of me on a Z900RS and someone commented that I made the bike look like a Grom. The Z900RS is a pretty normal sized bike:dunno

After a while you get used to the fact that you're taller than what average things are designed for and you get used to things. Onlookers can't stop looking on though 😁

Best possible advertising Triumph could have done. Amazing job at Revzilla, I hope Triumph sells a whole bunch.

They had them in my local dealer this week. Not to ride, just pose on, and inspect. Triumph are taking them round the country. They looked pretty good, and felt good also. Order now for April delivery.

i thought so too. rode all 3 RE 350's & liked the hunter best. just can't buy into their 350 motor, but they all look good. sat on the triumph the same day.
I rode the hunter. I was OK with the motor and handling. I wasn't comfortable on it because i thought the seat sucked and the bars were a little low. I think the Triumph would be more comfortable but without riding it I can't say for sure. I expect I'll get a chance to ride one this fall at the Barber Vintage Festival. I also have a friend considering buying a 400 scrambler. If he does I expect to get the chance to ride it.

I rode the hunter. I was OK with the motor and handling. I wasn't comfortable on it because i thought the seat sucked and the bars were a little low. I think the Triumph would be more comfortable but without riding it I can't say for sure. I expect I'll get a chance to ride one this fall at the Barber Vintage Festival. I also have a friend considering buying a 400 scrambler. If he does I expect to get the chance to ride it.
Well Win, I’ve got a deposit on a 400X in Hendersonville. I’ll try to be over there when you are in Saluda this summer so you can get a ride on it while trying to infect me with the scooter virus . . .

Well Win, I’ve got a deposit on a 400X in Hendersonville. I’ll try to be over there when you are in Saluda this summer so you can get a ride on it while trying to infect me with the scooter virus . . .
I will try to ride the Saluda area this year but it will be a busy year so I don't know if I will make it. You should come to Maggie valley for Beat the Heat.

Some Indian owners have reported a stalling problem. I think Triumph India reflashed bikes and it seems it took care of the problem. One British owner on ADV Rider reported his bike stalled. Will the US bike have this problem too?

Some Indian owners have reported a stalling problem. I think Triumph India reflashed bikes and it seems it took care of the problem. One British owner on ADV Rider reported his bike stalled. Will the US bike have this problem too?

I'm sure they will sort it out but this is one reason I don't like buying first model year bikes.

I'm sure they will sort it out but this is one reason I don't like buying first model year bikes.
BMW had a similar problem with their G650 series. BMW even issued a recall. I had a 2016 G650GS that had that stalling problem. The reflash didn't cure the problem. I got rid of it pretty quickly.

Lots of reviews out there already but I think this one is really worth watching. It's from MotoDeal. While the guy is from the Philippines, he's covering the launch in Thailand. Beautiful ride and insightful review... in English.

Top Bottom Back Refresh