What's new

No Maggie Valley Ride for ADV Bikes?

15 years and over 100k miles on c.t.. In my mind the only noticeable difference is I get 6 times more miles out of the c.t. I have one on my majesty as will
Nice! I run atv tire bikes offroad in impossible situations. And if I had a scooter and car tire setup I would run the heck out of it. When I ever get a maxi scooter this will be considered on what model to get.

Guys and klaviator , I am sorry but I am pulling the plug on the Maggie Valley Ride. All our vacation plans have shifted. There's always next year... Right?

Pics or it didn't happen....
Last year at the ride is me headed down a rough road that the scooter boys and girls had better sense not to go there.
20220803_095113.jpg

I am still thinking about it. I have no plated scooter though. I have a vino125 but is a dog on hills. I rode the wifes 50 sized 150cc gy6 scooter today. And zero to thirty is an absolute hoot. A week ago I watched all the burgam videos in all displacements. My ct70 clone does need attention. So I have some options..somewhat. The clone ct70 I planned on an engine swap to a piranah 90cc kickstart only engine in semi auto 4 speed. The original yx stroker clutch 4 speed engine has a minor 3rd gear transmission issues. And the 125cc was a handfull after some minor mods and wont rev out like a 90.

Rollers in the vino125 would be the cheapest route for a true scooter experience. Other wise it would be a motorcycle for me.

I am still thinking about it. I have no plated scooter though. I have a vino125 but is a dog on hills. I rode the wifes 50 sized 150cc gy6 scooter today. And zero to thirty is an absolute hoot. A week ago I watched all the burgam videos in all displacements. My ct70 clone does need attention. So I have some options..somewhat. The clone ct70 I planned on an engine swap to a piranah 90cc kickstart only engine in semi auto 4 speed. The original yx stroker clutch 4 speed engine has a minor 3rd gear transmission issues. And the 125cc was a handfull after some minor mods and wont rev out like a 90.

Rollers in the vino125 would be the cheapest route for a true scooter experience. Other wise it would be a motorcycle for me.
You wouldn't be the only one there riding a motorcycle. Ride whatever will be the most fun for you. I don't recommend anything under 125 cc and even some 125s would be marginal.

What is the top speed on the routes.
I normally lead the fast group on a 150 so 60-65 will be the top speed for my groups. The main difference between the fast and slower groups is speed in curves, not top speed. This year we will split into smaller and more groups so a group with all larger scooters may end up running at higher top speeds. Keep in mind that I always use a "ride at your own pace" ride and we regroup at all turns. I had a Grom in my group one year on a really twisty route. He would fall behind on straights or up hill then make it up in the curves. We have also had a Buddy 125 and Super Cub at previous events and they did fine but they did show up on faster bikes the next year. One guy last year had problems with his Vespa GT so he left on a ride on his wife's Vespa 125. The ride started going up 19 to the BRP. He said he could only do 37MPH up the long hill on 19 so he decided that was too slow and went back to the motel. The fact is that my ADV150 would only do low 40s on that hill so 37 wasn't that much slower. If you ride a small bike you will probably get frustrated going up some hills but small bikes are a blast going downhill or in the curves and there will be a lot of curves. After riding some of our routes the dragon will seem pretty tame.

Everyone can choose which groups to ride with or form their own group. This is very informal. Most riders try to pick a group with riders suited to their style of riding. Some like me love to tear up the curves. Others prefer to ride slower and enjoy the scenery. i expect a big turnout this year so their will be a wide variety of bikes and riders.

At the end of the day everyone has a great time on the rides as well as back at the motel. One of the cool things about these events is after the event you will personally know more of the people you interact with online and I find that to be pretty cool.

Top Bottom Back Refresh