What's new

North Alabama Riders.

klaviator

Scooter Trash
Member Number
We have a pretty active group of riders here in North Alabama. We do dual sport/adventure rides as well as street rides. Our rides frequently go into southern middle Tennessee. We'll use this thread to set up rides as well as discuss anything riding related here in North Alabama. If you live in the area and that includes southern Tennessee then this thread is for you. Please check in and introduce yourself.

Street ride Saturday 2/12. Normally I don't do long ride if it won't get into the 50s but its been a while so 40s will have to do. Meet at the Shell in Ardmore around 9:30ish. Kickstands up at 10. We'll keep this ride reasonably short, an hour to hour and a half. Lunch at the Old Delina Country store and then ride back to Ardmore.

Bundle up. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

Despite temperatures in the low 40s we had 8 riders show up this morning in Ardmore. It also rained this morning so we had wet roads. We still had a good ride and lunch.

P2120008%20%282%29-X3.jpg

P2120011%20%282%29-X3.jpg

P2120020%20%282%29-X2.jpg

P2120036%20%282%29-X3.jpg

Dual Sport/Adventure ride Saturday 2/19.
Place: Taft Gas station ( Old Railroad Bed RD & 110)
Time: Meet 10:30 / KSU 11:00
It will be cold Saturday morning but should warm up into the low 50s. This will be a mix of paved roads, paved goat trails and dirt/gravel roads. I need to be home NLT 5 so this won't be a real long ride but it will be longer than the street ride last weekend. Lunch in Delina.

Street ride Saturday 3/26/22

Meet at the Mapco in Gurley at 9:00. KSU at 9:15.

Route: Gurley to Woodville, CR8, 17 & 79 to 33. Down Crow Mtn on 33 and loop around and back up on 39. 33 & 146 to 65 then back roads to Lynchburg for lunch at the Barrel House. After lunch back roads to Ardmore. Those who don't want to finish in Ardmore can break off before that. Those who break off early will miss some great roads near the end.

The last street ride I set up out of Gurley had 9 riders show up and one more join us during the ride. we had a real variety of bikes.

PA160007 (2)-X2.jpg

PA160005 (2)-X2.jpg

PA160006 (2)-X2.jpg

PA160003 (2)-X2.jpg

If you are wondering how such a mixed group works out, it works out just fine. Everyone rides their own pace and we regroup at turns.

This are the type of roads you can expect:

PA160065 (2)-X3.jpg

And also some roads much more twisty.

Looks like I'll be around for a ride next weekend if there is one. Weather between Bama and Las Vegas is a no-go for the next few days which puts me out of the window to make the 5k run in Vegas. Win some loose some!

Looks like I'll be around for a ride next weekend if there is one. Weather between Bama and Las Vegas is a no-go for the next few days which puts me out of the window to make the 5k run in Vegas. Win some loose some!
The weather is looking promising so there will probably be a ride. Since we did street rides the last two weekends it will most likely be a DS/ADV ride. It will be big bike friendly. Details in a day or two.

Dual Sport Ride Saturday April 2nd.

Meet at Allsport in Decatur at 9. KSU at 9:30

Second meeting spot: Danville Gas station on 36 just east of Danville Rd. We should arrive there at 10. Everyone with small tanks can gas up there and we should be back on the road by 10:15. We will be riding the Bankhead Forest.

Lunch will be at Chef Troy's. We should get there around noon.

More riding after noon. We will mostly be riding easy forest roads. There is one challenging down and back we can do and the anyone who doesn't want to ride it can just take a break when it gets rough. Whether or not we do this trail will depend on if anyone wants to ride it.

Last edited:
It looks like anywhere from 6 - 12 riders tomorrow. Most are on the other site and then there are always a few that just show up so it's hard to predict an exact number. I'll see you tomorrow.

Fueling up at Chef Troy's for lunch!:dizave

$52 for 1.5lbs of ribeye steak. The sign said $9 a pound at the door. So they charged me $35 to cook it for me?!?! Never again will I eat at that rip off joint. Then after I called their attention that the price was $9 a pound on their specials sign, she walks over a writes in (Raw) next to it, well that would have been great info to know before I ordered.

Attachments

• 16489192186424485606058975131954.jpg
    16489192186424485606058975131954.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Fueling up at Chef Troy's for lunch!:dizave

$52 for 1.5lbs of ribeye steak. The sign said $9 a pound at the door. So they charged me $35 to cook it for me?!?! Never again will I eat at that rip off joint. Then after I called their attention that the price was $9 a pound on their specials sign, she walks over a writes in (Raw) next to it, well that would have been great info to know before I ordered.
We have eaten there a bunch of times and that's the first time I know of that anyone has had a problem like that.

Top Bottom Back Refresh