What's new

North Alabama Riders.

One thing that has been happening is an invasion of Italian bikes to North Alabama and Southern middle Tennessee. The next local ride we do will probably see a few Moto Guzzis as well as a new Aprilia Taureg 660.

I'd like to have a go on a Taureg 660. If you ride one, I'd appeciate you post how it went

Invite him to post here:lurk
Most of the people I ride with are on ADVr. I have mentioned the VS takeover and this forum to most of them but none of them have noticed any real difference in ADVr and seem to be content to stay there where all their friends are. Until things change I don't see many of them switching to this forum. I'm retired and have the time to be active on more than one forum but most of my riding friends are still working and don't have that much time.

20221006_113627.jpg

I've been HAMing it up at a few of the local parks in the area.

Parks On The Air, aka.. POTA; gives me a destination for the day.

Attachments

• 20221011_143606.jpg
    20221011_143606.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
  • 20221007_122857.jpg
    20221007_122857.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I went to Allsport today and took advantage of the Kawasaki Demo truck being there. I rode the Z900RS, KLR650, Z650 and Ninja 400.

I was most impressed with the Ninja 400. This thing has a great engine.

PB180023.JPG

The Z900rs reminded me how great an inline four could be.

PB180011.JPG

The KLR650 had a nice and comfortable riding position and was quite competent but also boring.

PB180021.JPG

The Z650 was fun but not nearly as practical as a Versys which has the same engine.

PB180020.JPG

I'll be going back tomorrow and riding the Versys 650, Z400 and maybe a few more bikes. I'm not in the market for a new bike right now but it's always fun to ride different bikes.

OK, It's cold up here in SE. Ohio. Looking to trailer down and do some more Alabama Moto-ing. Maybe more TNF or curvy asphalt. Must watch temp's and see if I can bring a wing man with me this time. I had so much fun last March.

So far it's been colder than normal this fall in the SE. I'm hoping that is not the case this winter.

Anyone have a contact for the "east alabama adventure loop" In a GPX file format? I have the "SEAT" file. I am looking for a mild winter weather ride weekend.

Most of the people I ride with are on ADVr. I have mentioned the VS takeover and this forum to most of them but none of them have noticed any real difference in ADVr and seem to be content to stay there where all their friends are. Until things change I don't see many of them switching to this forum. I'm retired and have the time to be active on more than one forum but most of my riding friends are still working and don't have that much time.
Is the VS company out of Toronto? I got the boot from KTMforums.com last week for a reason of using to many logins with different IP addresses?!?! And the guy who banned me left a like on my last post over there, no idea. He was Canadian so I'm suspect of cross border hate!! Fuckem Canada can suck it! Freaking Commies!!

It's been a strange week on the forums, I just had a bunch of posts sent to the basement over at ADV as CSM, the inmate that goes by "WhatNow" got all butt hurt when I did not agree with him about removing bar risers. Nothing snarky on my part, I just said "the risers will stay, but what is the thought behind the no riser set up" He comes back at me with "Chris Birch says it's bad blah blah blah, and then went low and said my bike looks like shit, lol.. grown ass man acting like a 14 year old girl on tic-tok. I blocked him but guessing he went and cried to a MOD, no doubt. Ya know the type, 15k posts and 10 years on the forum. aka keyboard warrior!!

I was curious about the "No riser issue", did a quick search, some Pros say stay stock and by pros I mean 3 hour racer enduro types not 12 hours in the saddle standing adv riding. There are a few draw backs like climbing steep hills, all that tried to switch soon found out that back and quads are toast the next few days and old dudes like me will take comfort over racing. YMMV!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom Back Refresh