What's new

North Alabama Riders.

Jump on the air mang! I mostly do FT8 during the day, I don't have time to mess with SSB.
Fixing a glitched intercom at work is how I ended up in the vortex. I soon started making crystal rigs out of anything. I took the test on a whim...studied at lunch and took the test that night. Hey start a thread!! Could be epic...

I'll participate in a HAM thread, I just don't have time for more right now. I'm installing a Nav tower on the 690 and I have a 450 disassembled in the garage. Waiting on the head for the 450 to come back from Millennium Tech for valve seat overhaul and piston sleeve resurface. So much for Christmas 🎄 🙄 what started out as a simple piston change has turned into a total bike freshen up. The bottom end may need a looking after as well. Dohh..🤑
20221125_152912.jpg

20221126_143252.jpg

20221114_115349.jpg

Looking for riding info around the Lewis Smith Lake area here in AL. How is the riding for DS light touring type of riding? Asking for a inmate over at the other site!

Dual Sport/Adventure ride Saturday 1/28

Meet: Shell station in Ardmore.

Time: Meet at 1015, depart at 10:30

This will be mostly easy gravel roads and paved goat trails but we will ride Van Zandt and do the hill climb on Estep road. Lunch at the Hwy 31 BBQ.

The weather forecast looks good with temps in the mid 50s.

Dual Sport/Adventure ride Saturday 1/28

Meet: Shell station in Ardmore.

Time: Meet at 1015, depart at 10:30

This will be mostly easy gravel roads and paved goat trails but we will ride Van Zandt and do the hill climb on Estep road. Lunch at the Hwy 31 BBQ.

The weather forecast looks good with temps in the mid 50s.
How many miles total? I just made my crf450x street legal and have a fuel range of 50-60 miles. Can’t hop on the interstate either. Cruises comfortably at 50-55mph with new gearing.

How many miles total? I just made my crf450x street legal and have a fuel range of 50-60 miles. Can’t hop on the interstate either. Cruises comfortably at 50-55mph with new gearing.
Probably around 140 miles total with a gas stop around the middle. You would need to carry some extra gas to get your range up to around 80 miles. No interstate on the route.

Yesterday turned out to be a nice day for a ride although a bit chilly in the morning. We had a total of 6 riders but not all at the same time.

We had 4 riders as we were ready to start.

P1280003.JPG

Then roman41461 showed up on his CRF450X. This was his first time riding with us.

We rode nearly 140 miles on a mix of paved and dirt/gravel roads.

P1280004 (2).JPG

P1280010 (2).JPG

Lunch stop was the HWY31 BBQ. Another rider on a Buell Ulysses met us there.

P1280017.JPG

More riding after lunch.

P1280019 (2).JPG

P1280022 (2).JPG

The Kawasaki Demo truck will be at Freedom Powersports in Huntsville today and tomorrow 3/24-25. Demo rides from 10-4. I plan on going today. Because of where the dealer is located I would not expect a very good demo ride route.

The Kawasaki Demo truck will be at Freedom Powersports in Huntsville today and tomorrow 3/24-25. Demo rides from 10-4. I plan on going today. Because of where the dealer is located I would not expect a very good demo ride route.
regardsless, demo days are fun. Last time Kawi was in DFW, they gave out some nice Kawi branded riding gloves with each demo ( one set pp )

regardsless, demo days are fun. Last time Kawi was in DFW, they gave out some nice Kawi branded riding gloves with each demo ( one set pp )
The demo truck was at another local dealer a few month's ago. The demo route there was pretty good. It was a cold couple of days so not many people showed up and I was able to ride nearly all of their bikes.

Dual sport ride tomorrow 3/25. Meet at the Shell Station in Ardmore at 9:15. We will depart at 9:30.
Just in case someone was planning on going to this but didn't post, I'm not going to be able to make this, Sorry for the late notice.

The Can Am Demo truck will be at RideNow (Freedom) Powersports this Friday and Saturday. I have no interest in a three wheeler but I have never ridden one so I think I will go and give one a try.

Out of my winter cave and back into the garage. I'm still messing with bikes on the stand but hope to get out soon before the temps shoots into the 90's...in 3,2,1 and it's hot~!!

Out of my winter cave and back into the garage. I'm still messing with bikes on the stand but hope to get out soon before the temps shoots into the 90's...in 3,2,1 and it's hot~!!
Are you planning to go to Dual Sporting The Free State?

Top Bottom Back Refresh