What's new

NVBDR general info thread

Looking for suggestions or recommendations on riding near/around the NVBDR route. I'm expecting to start at the end of April or beginning of May. Likely entrance to NV is either Pahrump or Beatty. I currently have Lunar Crater, an out/back on NF-660 out of Elko, and up to Owyhee.

My objectives in alternate routes are to see nature, see historical stuff, and then to make my way back to SoCal on mostly different roads than I took north. Kitschy roadside attactions are welcome if not too far out of the way. Military stuff too, where legal, obviously. I have a NV Butler map that shows some dirt roads I can link together, but hoping for some local recommendations too.

I'll be on a Tenere 700 loaded for camping. The more dirt roads, the better but preferably not too much technical riding required since I'll be alone. I'll appreciate intel on free and/or good camping too.

I'm horrible with advice and areas to recommend, however Dixie Valley had history in mining, ranching, and there are several military tanks and mobile radar type equipment all through there with some pavement but mostly very good dirt roads with dozens of lesser roads of various quality that shoot off in all directions. It is part of a military training area but not off limits.

Looking for suggestions or recommendations on riding near/around the NVBDR route. I'm expecting to start at the end of April or beginning of May. Likely entrance to NV is either Pahrump or Beatty. I currently have Lunar Crater, an out/back on NF-660 out of Elko, and up to Owyhee.

My objectives in alternate routes are to see nature, see historical stuff, and then to make my way back to SoCal on mostly different roads than I took north. Kitschy roadside attactions are welcome if not too far out of the way. Military stuff too, where legal, obviously. I have a NV Butler map that shows some dirt roads I can link together, but hoping for some local recommendations too.

I'll be on a Tenere 700 loaded for camping. The more dirt roads, the better but preferably not too much technical riding required since I'll be alone. I'll appreciate intel on free and/or good camping too.

We did this ride in June of 2109 IIRC.

R You planning on:

A) North to South
B) South to North

We did this ride in June of 2109 IIRC.

R You planning on:

A) North to South
B) South to North
South to North. I need to ride back to SoCal, so I’m looking for a route back south too.

Make sure you detour a few miles to see the birthplace of Smoky Bear

This cutout of him is at the Sitzmark Chalet Inn, 627 Sudderth Dr, Ruidoso, NM 88345, (575) 257-4140

1649162979667.png

DeadMan's Journey --- ITEMS to Note: Extra and more Extra Fuel for the NM BDR, as seen by the gatoraide bottles of fuel strapped to the bike.

1649163230358.png

Last edited:
Take your time in Chloride, Dont rush it. Beautiful

1649163533120.png

Last edited:
Stop often and go into the small general stores. The one in WINSTON sells firearms and ice cream.

WARNING - being a fuel Sock to screen fuel. Winston gas was old and yellow.

1649163600207.png

Back
Top Bottom