What's new

OBD2 Scanner Tools

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Member Number
Has anyone gone down the rabbit hole of OBD2 scanner tools? I'm thinking of getting one of these:

It would be primarily for maintaining these bikes:
  • 2021 KTM 390 Adventure
  • 2016 BMW G650GS
  • 2015 BMW F800GT
  • 2003 BMW F650CS
Also possibly these bikes as well:
  • 2022 Yamaha R7
  • 2007 Suzuki SV650
  • 2003 Suzuki SV650
  • 2001 BMW R1100S

I know you need adapter cables and apps and any advice on those fronts, or on using OBD2 tools in general, would be much appreciated!

Keep going back and forth on an Autel. Don't forget, but I think you need a yearly subscription along with the tool purchase.

I have the OBDLink LX and it works well in conjunction with the Android app MotoScan (Ultimate license) on my '17 GSA. It can cycle fan, calibrate throttle tube sensor, etc. and read/clear codes of course. The only issue I've had is with MotoScan, I use it on a non-connected Duraforce phone so I have to open the app when I'm in Wi-fi range so it can verify the license. Then I can walk out to the shed and use it. I haven't tried but that should work by using my main phone as a hot-spot also.

The LX also works with my FJ cruiser and other cars with Carista app.

Last I knew, the post-2013 KTM ecu's were locked down tight but perhaps codes can still be read. (and perhaps that's just stories...I've not tried it personally)

I've had this OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter for a couple of years now:

Amazon product ASIN B081VQVD3F
Works great. I use it with the ForScan app on both my F150 and Transit.

For some reason my link above isn't showing up for me... if you can't see the link, it is to Amazon, and you can find it by searching for "OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter". $60 on Amazon...

Top Bottom Back Refresh