What's new

Old School Cool

It is one of these:

I pulled off an old V&H 4-1 that was getting rusty.

I really wanted an old period Bassani Superbike Pipe for it, but they are damn near impossible to find.

Last edited:
I really wanted an old period Bassani Superbike Pipe for it, but there are damn near impossible to find.
Bassani, another blast from the past. I'd forgotten about them. I really liked and had great resultsw from Kerkers back then, had one on 3 different SOHC CB750s. Finding decent used pipes for older 4 cylinders is really tough now, prices are totally out of control

75’ 400/4 one of the first with a 11/74 build date.
C0C383DC-D4C5-491D-88B7-0D3BD2745F9B.jpeg

Current project at 99% completed - '83 CB1100F factory original.
IMG_8384 (Medium).JPG
Very nice! I bought an '82 CB900F a little over a year ago, was in a guy's collection of vintage bikes and was the last one sold after he passed from cancer. He'd put the CB1100F swingarm and fairing on it, had it painted similar to the other factory version paint for the 900
MCtpg8l.jpg

Bought a new CB750K3 in early '73, sitting in front of our started-on-a-shoestring Honda repair shop in Brandon FL. We had a Hodaka franchise the second year. We only lasted a couple years due to break-ins and thefts, unfortunately.
qK9zRZU.jpg

'72 CL450K4 bought new in high school while working at one of 5 Honda shop jobs in Tampa during and after high school. I took the bike home in the crate with my father's pickup, put it together in his garage at home and was the first to fire it up. Saved the crate tag too.
4aXz145.jpg

B2qHI2V.jpg

During Bike Week in Daytona 1979, in front of the Davey Johnson Second Sack motel (not even kidding, former Oriole 2b owned it). My idiot ex-brother in law watching me doing something (?, can't recall) at my CB400F, ex-BIL's KZ1000 and father's Gold Wing to the right
q44L8ly.jpg

After my father left auto body work in the mid-'70s he went into bike painting and frame/fork straightening for a big local bike salvage yard in Tampa owned by the PO of a Honda dealership I'd worked for. He did factory-style repaints, including making the CL360 "green weenies" into replica candy red so they'd sell better.
Es8ZOFe.jpg

MUKxeWn.jpg

MN94EQA.jpg

Top Bottom Back Refresh