What's new

Old School Cool

Me at a local riding area called Croom near Brooksville FL about 1985, stripped down XL250 and a much more stripped down version of me
tRZFFnW.jpg

After my father left auto body work in the mid-'70s he went into bike painting and frame/fork straightening for a big local bike salvage yard in Tampa owned by the PO of a Honda dealership I'd worked for. He did factory-style repaints, including making the CL360 "green weenies" into replica candy red so they'd sell better.
Es8ZOFe.jpg

MUKxeWn.jpg

MN94EQA.jpg

What? :lol3

My twin 74s

DCP_0274.jpg

Bike Week in Daytona 1981. My cousin borrowed a used '79 CBX that my father bought to re-sell and we rode over from Tampa, me on my '79 CBX with Denco 6-6. It was like a drag race from practically every stop light, amazing we didn't get any tickets. Shots from the infield of the big track

kNxYzYO.jpg

Y9hQJfz.jpg

9kEUipB.jpg

9sxHf1S.jpg

yBqXXuV.jpg

Short track at Memorial Stadium on that Friday night
FcCSbK4.jpg

and a visit to Cabbage Patch where street drag races for money often happened, except that day there was a State Trooper parked across the street upper right
QjPx8OH.jpg

Last edited:
'72 CL450K4 bought new in high school while working at one of 5 Honda shop jobs in Tampa during and after high school. I took the bike home in the crate with my father's pickup, put it together in his garage at home and was the first to fire it up. Saved the crate tag too.
4aXz145.jpg

B2qHI2V.jpg
Very cool!

This has to be later than 1981, unless those Interceptors, Ninjas and GSXR's travelled back in time.:D

1644967987560.png
Fair point - I could have gotten one scanned photo from '90 or '91 mixed in with the '81 pics since our CBXs aren't in that picture. I know all the other pics are correct as I sold the red CBX in '83 and the next time I was there it was on my '85 ZL900

Removed inaccurate picture from a later Bike Week :doh

Last edited:
Looks like a Tracy fairing on that Suzuki. I had one of those on a VT500 Ascot I used to own.

1644974262938.png
And now that I think about it, one of those Suzukis is not what it seems... one of them is a 750 with 1100 sidecovers on it, I remember the guy saying it was easy to fool those who weren't familiar. Can't recall which one though, far too long ago.

Bike Week in Daytona 1981.

Y9hQJfz.jpg
And the guy at the far left next to the CBX is a guy I got to know while working at my last Honda shop, owned a Gold Wing in '75 and got me interested in Gold Wings resulting in me owning 2 of them over the following years. He was one of those guys who was fun to ride with but turned out to be a user, he knew little about bikes and once I had a GW and did something to it he wanted me to do it to his as well... for free, of course. Less than fond memory.

Seeing the pics in this thread makes me jealous. All we did was drink, sex, and street drags. Small town USA. Never took pictures of anything because nobody ever carried a camera. I’d give anything to have more pics from my 20’s&30’s. Just from the road parties. Anything for that...

Left bike owned by lifetime friend. GPZ750E2
We’ve owned 1/2 dozen over the years. 4 of them between us currently.
He had one with 1500 on clock and sold it...
Bike in pic was full on parts box junk he bought it. Told him that.
He built a rider to spite me. Because that’s what friends do when you’re still fuking around riding a new ninja, and don’t have your own bike finished.

I have 2. Restoring 1. My 1st love from 89 taught lessons in mortality around the mid 90’s.
810+Two stage boost+avgas+dumb=restoration.

[UWSL]Fond of this pic. For both the context with Kawasaki, and my friend. Lots of history. The friend, the GPZ, the location. Blessed to still have all of them in my life.[/UWSL]
[UWSL].[/UWSL]
79E100B1-5C14-4D98-BFD2-4ADD1BC256DB.jpeg

Bumped into this restored Harley last weekend.

restoredHarley-IMG_01662000px_Shrp.jpg

Attachments

• restoredHarley-IMG_01672000px_Shrp.jpg
    restoredHarley-IMG_01672000px_Shrp.jpg
    519.8 KB · Views: 14
  • restoredHarley-IMG_01682000px_Shrp.jpg
    restoredHarley-IMG_01682000px_Shrp.jpg
    657.4 KB · Views: 16
  • restoredHarley-IMG_01692000px_Shrp.jpg
    restoredHarley-IMG_01692000px_Shrp.jpg
    503.2 KB · Views: 16
  • restoredHarley-IMG_01702000px_Shrp.jpg