Other Beemers

skibum69

Member Number
What else do you have?

'82 R65 LS
IMG_0621-XL.jpg

'99 R1100 S
IMG_6120-XL.jpg

I've got a brick that needs a bunch of work and probably won't get it. Someone should take it from me. I rescued it from a kid in Tri-Cities and rode it for a couple years, then another kid pulled out in front of me and it bounced down the side of his Jeep got chucked in the ditch. I have a complete set of RS tupperware in a hideous green and yellow combo that looks very John Deere.

PICT0649.JPG

I was really surprised at how nice the bike rides. Smooth is the word with a 75C.

Motor was creamy smooth, although modest power. Transmission a bit clunky and for some reason, my front rotors kept warping. Handled and traveled very well, good ergos and comfortable. Her name was Uma ;)

I told my friend I want this one if he ever decides to sell.
IMG_5254-XL.jpg
I saw an advert last week for a 75 with a hack on Craigslist near me. Medium blue color. Seller said it had a leading link fork that had an issue so original had been installed, but the LL is included with the sale.

Motor was creamy smooth, although modest power. Transmission a bit clunky and for some reason, my front rotors kept warping. Handled and traveled very well, good ergos and comfortable. Her name was Uma ;)
My trans is kinda clunky too.

The lack of power? Yeah, it's not a rocket, but fast bikes have been out of my system for a long time now.:-)

My 1100S had plenty of balls for me. I did get a chance to check top speed. I pinned it for a bit on a long flat straight and it topped out at 222 kmh on the clock. At 200 kmh on the clock my GPS said 185 s at least 15 kmh speedo error. I figure I was just over 200 kmh real speed. I think she's rated for 97 HP.

Back
Top Bottom