What's new

- Week Our rides today.

I got out for a ride into middle Tennessee with a couple of friends yesterday.

IMG_6162.jpeg

One of my friends just bought his first scooter, a Vespa Sprint. He had a Trail 125 which some consider a scooter but decided it was too slow for local roads. The Vespa has a nice boost in power and speed.

We rode a bunch of fun back roads but I took very few pics.

PC230003.JPG

We did some bike swapping so we all got to ride the other two bikes.

Lunch stop.

PC230004.JPG

I ended up with 155 miles for the day.

Did you guys catch the 6 finger right hand? easy to roll one handed with that kind of capability.

I wonder if that's AIs way to show it's not real.

Last edited:
I rode to pick up parts at the dealer.

No pics, no excitement, but it was a ride.

Now there's salt back on the ground.

This was Monday, and it's been barely a ride, but it's been dead here, so give me a break.

Took a little test drive, just 10 minutes or so, to see if we wanted to make a trade. Tried to pick some interesting roads in the development because we were constrained by work. We went up the mountain, and I tried to work in a few turns and hills, as well as one "tight" turn around. there are some really nice roads here, but the speed limit is 30, and being that it's a development, I try not to go too crazy on these roads. Only got the GS up to 3rd gear, but most of it was firmly in 2nd. Plan to do it again on Friday to get a better idea on if we want to trade.

IMG_5515-X5.jpg

The GS is heavy and the engine feels like a tractor, but it's got so much character that is hard not to love. My old 1150 was my favorite bike that I owned, and I've been curious to try the 1100 with the 5 speed and slightly lighter profile. We got on and my passenger disappeared into the bike. It's like she wasn't even on there. The telelever is also so good for riding two-up. No dive, which is very different from the tiger.

I've wanted another oilhead since I had to sell mine a few years ago, but I've also expected to keep my tiger 800 forever. The tiger is the best all-arounder I've ridden solo. For all the great times I've had on my old GS, if I imagine riding solo or rough roads the tiger is what comes to mind.
Main reason trading would really make sense for me is that I mostly ride two-up the last couple years, and the tiger is not good for that, especially the XC. Might just be an exercise in letting things go.

Here are a couple of pics of rides past, specifically ones that make me love my old oilhead and love my current tiger:

DSC02026-X3.jpg

i-468Cc35-X5.jpg

Rode to a gymkhana practice in Brooklyn.

PXL_20240303_155631362-X4.jpg

Clearly, I made the trade.

The tiger is a tough bike to give up for solo riding, but I am happy to be on an oilhead again. Not my favorite at NJ Turnpike speeds, but I have other bikes for that. It's a lot of fun to swing around the practice course. Very difficult to run out of lean angle.

Back
Top Bottom