What's new

- Week Our rides today.

East, West, South ... and North? :hmmmmm:rofl
Great Lakes. I have lived in Ohio and Michigan.

From a visit back to the North coast in 2019:

DSC03385-X2.jpg

I gotta ask , Four coasts??
North Coast - Ohio and Michigan
East coast - Connecticut, Maryland and Maine.
Gulf Coast - Louisiana and Florida
West coast - California.

Add in Georgia and Alabama where I live(d) away from the coast and I have lived in 10 states.

East, West, and Gulf coast , I had down:D. I did not know the Great lakes were considered a coast.

Now I know. :dirtdog:D
Well I consider it a coast but other people have asked the same question when I told them I have lived on all four coasts. Stretch out the coastline of all the great lakes and you will have a very long coast.

[UWSL]There is a "South Coast Assembly" in Oregon. Which is further North than the North coast in Ohio. [/UWSL]
It also seemed so logical to me that the North coast would be at the Beaufort sea.
I think I'm getting too old and worn for this world.

I got out to the North Alabama coast today, otherwise known as the Tennessee River.

P2060008 (2).JPG

Some interesting facts about the Tennessee River. The Tennessee river officially starts in Knoxville, TN. It's tributaries start up in the Smoky mountains of Western TN. and Eastern NC. From Knoxville it flows south west into Alabama where it eventually turns West for quite a ways before turning North and going back into TN. It eventually flows into the Ohio river which flows into the Mississippi river which flows into the Gulf Mexico.

So I guess I could say I was taking pics on an extension of the Gulf of Mexico:hmmmmm

More pics:

P2060013 (2).JPG

P2060029 (2).JPG

After a few days of not riding, I was starting to feel the effects of PMS. I needed to go somewhere about 15 miles away this morning. It was 41 degrees, gloomy and had just stopped raining so the roads were wet. Drive or ride?? Well that's a stupid question. Of course I rode
ricky.gif
Coming back home a couple of hours later it was 49 and sunny, perfect for a short ride. On the way home I felt like getting high so I took a little detour. I briefly got on the interstate to get to this overlook.

IMG_20230212_121242527_HDR-X2.jpg

OK this overlook wasn't very high. I ended up riding about 35 miles. It was nothing exciting but it was great to be out on two wheels. My Kymco is one of the best and most fun around town bikes i have owned.

Top Bottom Back Refresh