What's new

Oversuspension

cabanza

Member Number
Has anyone heard about this?

Benefits include:
  • Reduced chances of a highside by up to 90%
  • Greatly improved braking, especially during the intervention of ABS
  • Optimizes the efficacy of, and decreases the frequency needed for intervention of traction control systems
  • Vastly improves electronically controlled suspension by mitigating the occasional resonances, which in turn makes the auto-calibration of the suspension more precise
  • In wet conditions, it reduces the phenomenon of aquaplaning
  • On uneven ground it reduces the structural stress on the frame/chassis

von-Supreme-Technology-169Gallery-2e76dd6b-1986440.jpg

I put 2 mercury filled balancers on a friend's sporty 1200. It was kinda a pain. One was on the crank and one on the clutch basket. I also installed a new primay chain that soaked in marvels for a week. And an automatic primary chain tensioner. Dealt with clearence issues with the case. Had to use play dough and many on and offs. Last I profiled the ramps on the throw out mechanism.

All in all the smoothest 1200 rigid mount sporty with the slickest clutch in my experience. I dont think I would do this work again. And mercury is not ideal. Not sure what the balance medium is in these devices. Hopefully not mercury.

I put 2 mercury filled balancers on a friend's sporty 1200. It was kinda a pain. One was on the crank and one on the clutch basket. I also installed a new primay chain that soaked in marvels for a week. And an automatic primary chain tensioner. Dealt with clearence issues with the case. Had to use play dough and many on and offs. Last I profiled the ramps on the throw out mechanism.

All in all the smoothest 1200 rigid mount sporty with the slickest clutch in my experience. I dont think I would do this work again. And mercury is not ideal. Not sure what the balance medium is in these devices. Hopefully not mercury.

The German article I linked said this:

"The oversuspension consists of a small additional damper that is mounted directly on the rear wheel axle. The small aluminum cylinder contains a defined weight and a spiral spring. This spring-loaded weight, which moves in the cylinder barrel, compensates for vibrations in the rear wheel suspension. It uses inertia and absorbs kinetic energy."

Sounds like this thing: https://countershox.com/

They should lead with data proving their efficacy if they want to be taken seriously.
There are graphs on countershocks website. I'm still staying clear of these products. But I would like to see a comparison between these products and balance plus or tire beads.

I expect more than some illegible graphs with arrows, and without the axes labeled.

There should definitely be comparisons made for these products, with measurable data used to aid in the comparisons. Seems like the kind of thing any competent university engineering school could do without too much trouble.
I have a $10 microbit microcontroller with 3 axis accelerometers that can data log this situation. Hopefully a company could data log their own product. My bet is tuned tire pressures would yield a better ride.

Very little info. One of the f150 models used a rubber mounted pendulum located on the rear passenger side. It was probably for driveshaft resonance. The part was only on a few years most.

F1 used mass dampers to control suspension until they were outlawed. They worked but were too expensive to set up.
They were found to be breach of previous regulations. More information, including graphs on how it affects F1 cars can be found here. The challenge on a motorcycle would be to make it heavy enough to be effective, without adding too much weight.
"The mass damper is a device designed to even out those fluctuations and to stabilize ride high and downforce. Mass damper is a sealed cylinder located upright in the front of the chassis (nose cone) at a mid point between the two semi-sprung masses in conjunction with which it work."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom