What's new

Parenting Thread

DSquared

Idiot on wheels
ADV+
Member Number
I'd have called it the Dads thread but I know there are a few ladies with spawn around here. A month and change into this experience and I couldn't be happier. I'm glad this little chunk didn't get my hair.
IMG_20220211_200333~2.jpg

Kids are so much fun. They are great once they get a little older.

Me I’m teaching my youngest how to box. It’s a life skill every boy should learn from his father. Enjoy it they grow up fast.

C1B29E22-6F20-4BDA-A5B1-5EE3A4C3D5FD.jpeg

this your first?

I have learned that there is a direct relationship between the effort put into parenting and the reward you receive
He sure is. That's good to hear and I know how much work my parents put into me so I believe it.

Panzer, my dad wasn't much of a fighter so I really learned what I know about fighting from Uncle Sam. However I find this really funny.

He sure is. That's good to hear and I know how much work my parents put into me so I believe it.

Panzer, my dad wasn't much of a fighter so I really learned what I know about fighting from Uncle Sam. However I find this really funny.

Lol that’s funny but so true. I’m not much of a fighter either. It’s really cool to see them learn how to block and side step punches, while countering with their own. The little guy has knocked the wind out of me a few times :).

I really hope my boys never ever have to use these skills, but if it comes to that my little ones left hook is gonna mess someone up.

Kids are so much fun. They are great once they get a little older.

Me I’m teaching my youngest how to box. It’s a life skill every boy should learn from his father. Enjoy it they grow up fast.

That right there!
Mine put the gloves on a few years ago when we were having a bully issue at school
I think that was three years ago, she has since switched schools but still face times her friend from that class. I guess they still give that kid a hard time for being the tough guy that got his ass handed to him by a girl

OP
18 months was the tipping point where it went from more work to more fun at our house (my opinion)

Mine put the gloves on a few years ago when we were having a bully issue at school
I think that was three years ago, she has since switched schools but still face times her friend from that class. I guess they still give that kid a hard time for being the tough guy that got his ass handed to him by a girl
I'm not looking forward to these times. I'll be raising my kid never to start a fight, but never run from neither. He's going to be tall and lanky with a decent reach, so I am thinking some form of fighting class would be good for him- wrestling perhaps. I was never able to stand up for myself when I was a kid, and I'm not going to allow that to happen to my kid.

I'm not looking forward to these times. I'll be raising my kid never to start a fight, but never run from neither. He's going to be tall and lanky with a decent reach, so I am thinking some form of fighting class would be good for him- wrestling perhaps. I was never able to stand up for myself when I was a kid, and I'm not going to allow that to happen to my kid.
You are on the right path.
Mine will not be bullied, she stands up for the right cause and she knows that she is backed at home
I also put her in self defense classes from time to time

You only really have to stand up to a bully once, when they realize you aren't a easy mark they will move on, most are little wieners when you get them away from their friends

I

I'd have called it the Dads thread but I know there are a few ladies with spawn around here. A month and change into this experience and I couldn't be happier. I'm glad this little chunk didn't get my hair.
IMG_20220211_200333~2.jpg
I remember it well and i loved every moment of it, the dirty nappies and constant care needed on our first was a learning curve right enough . But with just the first one it was great in that we could share the job, we got time to work and live relatively straightforward.
But After the second, it rapidly became clear that we like had one each then, and life did change much more, not in a negative way as such but it did change more than with just the one.
By the third we were battle hardened veterans ( i say thatt tounge in cheek obviously) unshaken by the work involved, and the eldest being that bit more independent i would say three is not really any tougher than two.
With your little one there i am sure you already know the awesomeness of a child and it just gets better and better. All the best.

Back
Top Bottom